Kent police release video of accident

facebook.com/kentpolice/vid … 506500161/

■■■■ ME
How the hell anyone got out of that fiesta alive is incredible

I’d say the guy in the fiesta was lucky, but that doesn’t seem like the right words…
Hope he recovers OK, or the best he can. :cry:

Some might not like technology taking over trucks, but you can’t deny some of the benefits!

Jesus H Christ on a ■■■■■■■ bike!

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … glass.html

Vygantas Stanulis, 55, claimed to have suffered a ‘momentary lapse of concentration’

Just rewatched the vid and you can see feet coming out of the front screen.

he [the driver] stated that it was a momentary lapse of concentration while looking at two HGVs parked in a lay by, he was obviously looking to see if they were his workmates,those HGVs were right beside the stationary traffic on the left,you could see the vehicles from about two hundred yards away in the video,he was remorseful but from what I saw he didn’t even slow down,absolutely horrific crash,surprised the young man survived

It was clear that the traffic in lane 1 was coming to a halt by 0.18 in the video.They should have confiscated the truck and any load on it then sold it and let him pay his company back for the losses.:open_mouth: :unamused:

Bugger me gently :open_mouth:

After reading the post of the Lithuanian not noticing a 3T weight limit on a bridge over the Thames in Marlow and causing 200K worth of damage then this, doesn’t give me much confidence of the ability of these so called professional EE drivers

Just saw that on FB chap is so luck to be alive , still has a long way to go with surgery etc though .

Saw a picture on the old facebooky and it looks to be a foreign Mercedes MP3. Hope car driver recovers and all that had to witness that too. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Bloody hell…that’s hard to watch twice…hope the car driver makes a full recovery!

■■■■ me that’s awful.

I disagree with it being a momentary lack of concentration. He should have been looking down the road and seen brake lights or realised he was gaining on them a bit too quickly. There’s more to the road than the bit just in front of your bonnet.

F-reds:
Bugger me gently :open_mouth:

Dipper, where the hell are you when you’re needed ffs ■■

Incredible that that poor bugger survived, but he’ll never be the same again. :cry:

Truly shocking. I hope the poor fella in the Fiesta makes a full and speedy recovery. The offending driver should never be allowed behind the wheel of a lorry again. He’ll be out in 6 months and back on the roads working through some low standard agency no doubt.

Seems he wasn’t the first to not notice the long line of queuing traffic…

Bloody hell, for that guy get out with his life is amazing, he’s going to be on a long road of recovery, but at least he lived :smiley:

As for the trucker bloody hell again, its quite clear he wasn’t concentrating, and I bet it was longer than the split second he claims, gawping to see if it was any of his johny foreigner buddies in that layby no doubts :unamused:

eddie snax:
gawping to see if it was any of his johny foreigner buddies in that layby no doubts :unamused:

Bearing in mind it all started to go wrong from around 0.20-0.18 on the video doubtful.More like too many ‘drivers’ of all types of nationality out there who can’t drive when it comes to reading the road well ahead and acting early on the information.Things like auto boxes and cruise control won’t fix that.