Another bad day!

To quote from another thread :wink: :wink:

Oh hell,here we go again

Hope you’re back on the road quickly

your not having much luck with her recently are you?

and shame they couldnt send a decent truck to pick you up in lol i mean look how dirty it is compared to your motor

So it werent you I saw last night M6 at 1130pm
So is we looking at something red and newer then Rob or we gonna go all out and have something compleatly different and start from scratch :question: :question: :question:
In time for the shows

Mr Vain the 2nd

Hope ur back on the road quick mate :sunglasses:

nick2008:
So is we looking at something red and newer then Rob or we gonna go all out and have something compleatly different and start from scratch :question: :question: :question:
In time for the shows

Mr Vain the 2nd

No Nick, MrVain the 2nd is gonna have to wait a while. Because of the present climate, and because i’d only want another 4 series. The only 4 series i know of that almost fits the bill is a very low mileage(under 400k) 53plate topline classic. But it’s a V8. I have no desire for a V8. If i have a V8 it would be cos the price and spec were too good to turn down. I’d like to see another 2 years out of this one yet! (then probably another 2 years!)

As ever, thanks to each and everyone of you for yr kind words. :sunglasses:

Sorry to see your trouble as we say over here,hope the Scania doctors soon get it well for you Mr.V .
you don’t think a "well known trucker from up north with a similar name has put a curse on it for you?
regards derek

MR VAIN:

nick2008:
In time for the shows

Mr Vain the 2nd

No Nick, MrVain the 2nd is gonna have to wait a while. Because of the present climate, and because i’d only want another 4 series. The only 4 series i know of that almost fits the bill is a very low mileage(under 400k) 53plate topline classic. But it’s a V8. I have no desire for a V8. If i have a V8 it would be cos the price and spec were too good to turn down. I’d like to see another 2 years out of this one yet! (then probably another 2 years!)

As ever, thanks to each and everyone of you for yr kind words. :sunglasses:

How come you don’t want a V8 Mr V?

EnglishTrucker:
How come you don’t want a V8 Mr V?

I don’t see the need to be honest. 2 extra pots to wear, extra fuel, extra weight. My 420 is chipped to 500ish, it copes with everything i chuck at it.

Still it could have been worse - you could have broken down nearly three years ago on the 21st of January 2006! :confused: :confused:

(Or is the camera shagged too?)

maybe it was the flux cpapcitor that was knackered not the compressor.

i dont think the camera’s knackered, i think its the operator :open_mouth:

Giblsa:
maybe it was the flux cpapcitor that was knackered not the compressor.

i dont think the camera’s knackered, i think its the operator :open_mouth:

He obviously had no way of generating the 1.21 gigawats of electricity, the only thing that can generate that much power is a bolt of lightning and unfortunately you don’t know when or where it’s going to strike,

Jumps in cab

Time circuits on. Flux Capacitor… fluxxing…ah nuts not again"

Coat,bicycle helmet - pedals away frantically

theres one thing mr vain i dont fink you would have any trouble selling it because its immaculate :slight_smile:

little enis:
Cheer up Rob, all ODs have been there, it is a case BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I> It is a pity that when people knock you and your truck for the high standards that you set your self they did not appreciate that it all costs money and bloody lots of it. You could just chuck it all down your neck in the pub or throw it all away at the bookies. You will bounce back,

Here here, I agree. Its a ■■■■ fine looking truck you have there. Who wants to waste time and money in a dingy pub only to ■■■■ it up the wall when you can drive that instead.

Its nice that so many of you appreciate the many hours of hard work that have made this truck what it is. There are handful that mock, but thats not a problem. lgamston made a thought inspiring comment, I shouldn’t have trouble selling it? How much is it worth? Personal value to me isn’t calcuable.

ah so you ran out of wind? just a thought was you solo when it went or was this not as it happened? if so i’m supprised he front lifted it, would have saved him pullin a shaft or takin the prop off if he rear lifted it?? :confused:

MR VAIN:
Its nice that so many of you appreciate the many hours of hard work that have made this truck what it is. There are handful that mock, but thats not a problem. lgamston made a thought inspiring comment, I shouldn’t have trouble selling it? How much is it worth? Personal value to me isn’t calcuable.

I think you’ve got a fantastic looking truck, it looks in immaculate nick and as its you that has to drive and live in it why not spend a few bob on it?

DAF95XF:

MR VAIN:

I think you’ve got a fantastic looking truck, it looks in immaculate nick and as its you that has to drive and live in it why not spend a few bob on it?

But the bottom line is, in the present climate its worth about 12k on a good day, to me its worth 3 times that amount.

MR VAIN:
Compressor this time, not end of the world stuff. Poor old girl is 7 years old with just over a million k’s on the clock, stuffs gonna fail, she don’t get an easy life. A good friend of mine suggested maybe it was time for change :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

how many???i hope i look that good when i get that many miles on me. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: .

You’ll find that the Topline V8 is sold Mr Vain as I am sure its the same one were talking about… From Humphreys? The 580?

scottishcruiser:
You’ll find that the Topline V8 is sold Mr Vain as I am sure its the same one were talking about… From Humphreys? The 580?

Dint think it would be around for long, getting rare now.

i hope that wrecker didnt scratch your axle? :wink: :wink: