An Idea - TNUK Language Skool?

Here’s an idea. Since so many places I go into now have Polish staff, and we run into so many down the road, I’m going to start learning to speak the language. Getting with the times and all that… :wink:

Anyone fancy joining me? Can we get enough of us to set up a usergroup? :bulb:

(Bracing self for online translation-based ■■■■■■■■■■■ :blush: )

Here’s a better tip. Bulgaria is much cheaper, you can buy a smallholding for about 4k complete with a house. Learn Bulgarian, Poles are outliving their usefulness just like the Irish. Get with the times.

Gdzie są dziewczyny i piwo?

Sprawdzają obydwa starannie przed otwarciem (otwór)

Well it looked alright on the 1st translation, but checking iti again don’t look quite what I meant - & no idea where the brackets come into it.

Bardzo dobra rada!

Lucy:
Here’s an idea. Since so many places I go into now have Polish staff, and we run into so many down the road, I’m going to start learning to speak the language. Getting with the times and all that… :wink:

Anyone fancy joining me? Can we get enough of us to set up a usergroup? :bulb:

(Bracing self for online translation-based ■■■■■■■■■■■ :blush: )

I’ll join you. I learn basic polish when I become a warehouse team leader. Some people took the ■■■■ but I looked at it as a common courtsey. If I can say hello, goodbye, stop dicking about in polish then all the better.

You have PM.

I would like to have a go at that Lucy and Harry has the right idea…

here’s an idea, why not ask our friends from the east to speak English , after all it’s common courtsey. I speak Spanish as much as possible when there , and likewise French in France , and find it’s appriciated by the locals. Why should you want to learn Polish or any other language so you can communicate with staff in your own country.

I now await the usual suspects to pour scorn on MY OPINION , brand me a heretic and cast stones upon me from a great height :unamused: :unamused:

Oh and while I’m at it , how many of you believe the ‘no speeka da eengeesh’ speech you hear so often :bulb: :bulb: Only when it suits eh ■■

If anyone else is serious about this and wants to join the three of us who are in already but is nervous about posting here in case they get the ■■■■ ripped out of them, just drop me a PM. The more of us there are, the more we can help and encourage each other. :grimacing:

Shade, you do as you wish, mate. No offence taken at all.Each to their own and all that - I just like to be able to thank people when they go the extra mile for me, as so many of the Polish handball teams I come across do once they realise I’m paid mileage. I personally believe that making an effort with language is a two-way thing, and that we are way too arrogant in this country when it comes to adapting to the global nature of the economy these days. If we can be seen to make an effort to communicate with those we work with, they will be more inclined to do the same in return, which will get the job done more effectively so we all win. But that’s just me. :wink:

Well I already speak English to a passable conversational level so I’m learning a bit of Polish for the fun of it. The fact it seems to really wind up the 'send ‘em back’ brigade is just a bonus as far as i am concerned. :wink:

Coffeeholic:
Well I already speak English to a passable conversational level so I’m learning a bit of Polish for the fun of it. The fact it seems to really wind up the 'send ‘em back’ brigade is just a bonus as far as i am concerned. :wink:

Well I think they should be sent back home anyway.

They come and take our jobs, our women and then want us to fit in with their ideas. The next thing you know is they have moved their relatives into the area.

Why should we have to alter the way we speak to accomodate the SCOTTISH :stuck_out_tongue:

Przerwa (zatrzymanie się) mówiący ładunek ■■■■■■■■ lucy.next wy będziecie bronić my cali mówią szkocki.

Looking at some of the posts on this forum, I think a lesson in mastering English would be far more useful.

Gwersi Cymraeg i pawb :laughing: :laughing:

im with shade,this is england so anybody who comes here should learn english , as when i emigrate to canada ill learn canadian

ady1:
im with shade,this is england so anybody who comes here should learn english , as when i emigrate to canada ill learn canadian

Ce qui est canadien?

je crois qu’il veut dire le français

What did they say, I can’t speak Canadian :laughing:

My French is a bit rusty,I think they said,“We’re emigrating to Canada to get away from the Poles.Hope the Canadians don’t let them in.” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry, a lot of Polish already there from after the war. They had to go there because they fought with the Britian against the Germans and after Churchill gave Poland to the Russians they would have been killed on their return to the homeland as indeed many were, so many went to Canada, USA and thats why Britian had a big Polish community after the war. Apparently in the Battle of Britian the Polish pilots had a much bigger kill ratio then the British pilots, I didn’t now that until I took my head out the sand.