Any Poland people on here?

B1 GGK:
If there is then sign in here please, gonna bombard you with a few questions.

Ta :grimacing:

I`m from Poland, what u wanna know ? :sunglasses:

magik:

B1 GGK:

i would hazard a guess you are wasting your time with that question. :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

magik:

B1 GGK:

Yep, they’re well and truly open. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

It makes me laugh the fact that a lot of Europeans do speak very good English, but English speaking people make no attempt to speak any other language and are quite arrogant in their approach to language especially when travelling. Even trying a few basic words or phrases in the language of the country they visiting seems to be too much effort.
Then for someone to try and humilliate a member for writing one sentence in his native language, especially has his replies in English are more legible than most replies by native English speakers are.

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928970,-3.268689
Been told I can’t use my signature by some elitist ■■■■■■

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
It makes me laugh the fact that a lot of Europeans do speak very good English, but English speaking people make no attempt to speak any other language and are quite arrogant in their approach to language especially when travelling. Even trying a few basic words or phrases in the language of the country they visiting seems to be too much effort.
Then for someone to try and humilliate a member for writing one sentence in his native language, especially has his replies in English are more legible than most replies by native English speakers are.

the english dont need to speak any other language, if they dont understand us we can shout it at them :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
It makes me laugh the fact that a lot of Europeans do speak very good English, but English speaking people make no attempt to speak any other language and are quite arrogant in their approach to language especially when travelling. Even trying a few basic words or phrases in the language of the country they visiting seems to be too much

The fact that they find it easier to speak English than we do to speak most of their bonkers languages says everything.You only need to try to buy something in an Italian market place to realise that most foreign languages need to say twice as much to say one thing as we do.

Most of the european languages have to denote even objects as being male or female for some obscure reason and put the nouns before the adjectives or like in Orys’ lot need to pluralise the adjectives as well as the nouns.So if we mix up French with Polish a transport manger would need to decide wether he needs two drivers Polishes to drive two trucks whites after establishing wether the trucks are male or female before he starts. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Jesus, he was only joking. I think Orys knows that by the way but is having a laugh, nes pa?

I think to generalise that people of a certain nationaility are good or bad sorts is pretty retarded. I don’t care where someone is from, actions define a man not his nationality.

jessicas dad:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

the english dont need to speak any other language, if they dont understand us we can shout it at them :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Or add ‘o’ to the end of most words.

Silver_Surfer:
I think Orys knows that by the way but is having a laugh, NES PA?

That was the Creme de la menthe of posts SS, is this you? :laughing: :laughing:

delboy595.jpg

Osudy dobrého vojáka Švejka za světové války, literally The Fateful Adventures of the Good Soldier Švejk During the 1st World War.

Many of its characters, especially the Czechs, are participating in a conflict they do not understand on behalf of a country to which they have no loyalty.

The character of Josef Å vejk is a development of this theme. Through possibly-feigned idiocy or incompetence he repeatedly manages to frustrate military authority and expose its stupidity in a form of passive resistance: the reader is left unclear, however, as to whether Å vejk is genuinely incompetent, or acting quite deliberately with dumb insolence.

Didn’t he used to drive for The BRS?

The “Gunner Asch” series by Hans Hellmut Kirst, which detailed the ongoing struggle of an honest individual to maintain his identity and humanity amidst the criminality and corruption of ■■■■ Germany. was in a similar vein.

Im going to poland at the end of the month orys has been extremely helpful with questions :wink:

robroy:

Silver_Surfer:
I think Orys knows that by the way but is having a laugh, NES PA?

That was the Creme de la menthe of posts SS, is this you? :laughing: :laughing:

Bonnet de douche !! :laughing:

Mange tout mange tout

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928193,-3.270512
Been told I can’t use my signature by some elitist ■■■■■■

jessicas dad:

magik:

B1 GGK:

i would hazard a guess you are wasting your time with that question. :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

It figures …

Carryfast:
The fact that they find it easier to speak English than we do to speak most of their bonkers languages says everything.You only need to try to buy something in an Italian market place to realise that most foreign languages need to say twice as much to say one thing as we do.

Fakt, że łatwiej im mówić po angielsku niż nam w ich dziwnych językach wszystko wyjasnia. Spróbuj tylko coś kupić na włoskim targowisku a zobaczysz, że większość języków obcych uzywa dwa razy więcej słów niż my żeby powiedzieć to samo.

Most of the european languages have to denote even objects as being male or female for some obscure reason and put the nouns before the adjectives or like in Orys’ lot need to pluralise the adjectives as well as the nouns.

Większość języków europejskich z jakiegoś powodu dzieli nawet przedmioty na żeńskie i męskie i umieszcza rzeczowniki przed przymiotnikami, lub, jak u Orysiów, używa mnogich form dla obu z nich.

I translated two sentences, and they are both shorter, while carrying as much information or more.

Btw: in slavic languages (as well as in German) you have three forms of nouns: masculine, feminine and neuter. :grimacing:

Thanks Orys. :unamused:

merc0447:
Im going to Poland at the end of the month orys has been extremely helpful with questions :wink:

There, fixed it for you.

In English language, we start names of the countries with capital letters.

If you need any further help with your native language, feel free to ask :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

(just joking, thanks for nice words).

Poland - some basic info + dict + my contact data.
by orys » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:04 am He’s yer man

crackle Mr orys to the PDF please…

Over to you orys… :smiley: