Just want to say "hello, I am new there"

…have mercy for my mistakes :wink:

Hi.

I am polish, but I am living in Scotland almost two years and I’m working as a class 2 driver. Before that I was driving smaller vehicles in Poland and up to Turkey. I was happy to work for company, who drives to Outer Hebrides and I think not many drivers have such experience: I can invite you to see pictures under my reportage from that work (the reportage itself is in polish, sorry):

http://www.szkocja.net/artykuly/art.aspx?id=734&typeId=18&categoryId=0&Start=1

I found that place as I just lost my work and I am looking for new one, what is not easy as I still not fully recovered from a car accident. So most of my searching I do over the net and that how I found you. I hope i will learn a lot here. :wink:

If any of you have some questions regarding to Poland (about polish transport, polish language or something), feel free to ask me and I’ll will try to help you, if i will able to do so.

I do apologize for my english errors - it’s still far from perfect…

So… Hello all :wink:

:grimacing: Hi orys WELCOME :smiley:

Your English is perfectly understandable, so please don’t worry about it. :wink:

Just remember that English uses less inflection than Polish, so it’s easier to learn. :laughing:

Thanks. But I know it enaugh to know how much I don’t know yet :wink:

orys:
Thanks. But I know it enaugh to know how much I don’t know yet :wink:

:open_mouth: That was quick, you answered before I’d finished editing. :open_mouth:

Yes,orys, I understand what it’s like to know a foreign language like that.
For me, it just made me want to learn even more. :smiley:

Oh, I know. Polish is extremally hard, especially for english speakers. I do know, as I am tutoring polish for some Scots…

orys:
If any of you have some questions regarding to Poland (about polish transport, polish language or something), feel free to ask me and I’ll will try to help you, if i will able to do so.

Yes, I have 2 questions for you before I leave :

1. When are you and your pals going to stop nicking all our jobs?
  2. When are you and your pals going back to Poland for good?

:sunglasses:

Rob K:

orys:

:sunglasses:

For once, someone, orys, in this case, comes onto this site with the good intention of answering some civil questions about issues that have been mentioned on here and he gets grief from one of the members :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
OK, someone at some time was going to raise certain issues but it might have been better to ask questions such as, why do you want to work in this country?, what are conditions like in your native country? how do you feel about your fellow Uk lorry drivers? and such like before asuming that one group of people from a certain country are ‘all the same’ :exclamation: :exclamation:

orys. welcome to this site :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and I hope that you will stay with us on here despite the odd hiccup :unamused: :unamused:

Rob K:

If you read it Rob he’s actually out of work at the moment so he’s not really nicking our jobs.

Tell you what, he can nick my job in Scotland while I am down here nicking an English one. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Now if one of you English lads could pop over to Poland and nick a job there all will be right again. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

“Witam Orys”

I am jealous,
Its beautiful there in Scotland.

The Scots are great people,but tough.
Bet you get some windy days up there. :laughing:

So have you started wearing a Kilt yet ?
I can imagine the look on your families face,
If on returning back too Poland
You were wearing what they thought was a dress :laughing:

Pale, pasty faced and incomprehensible language spoken.

And that is just the Glaswegians :stuck_out_tongue:

ory’s welcome to trucknet (bit late i know).

is there any chance you could translate your "reportage " into english and post it on here mate . your English is a lot better then my none exsistent Polish. it would take me days to translate it to read it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers jon

I reckon his English is better than many of those already here Jonboy. :laughing:
I thought this was particularly profound:

Orys:
But I know it enaugh to know how much I don’t know yet

I know exactly what you mean Orys, have felt like that here for some time now. :unamused: :blush: :laughing:

GO HOME…

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome mate we do have some issues with foreign drivers but like working for a bad agency its not the inividuals fault its the companies most of the times taking advantage.
You stick around and give us a balanced view.

Of all the foriegn drivers i`ve met, they have been hard working and keen to learn…

jonboy:
it would take me days to translate it to read it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wouldn’t even try that jonboy, I’ve yet to see a decent translation programme for any language that’s as heavily inflected as Polish.
IMHO, most of the meaning would be lost, due to grammatical complexity. :wink:

IMHO, orys is an asset to this site with his generous offer of help in all matters Polish.
Who else could do that?

Rob K:

hihi :slight_smile:

You want to start this discussuin serious? So start it from the begining.

I havent noticed any complains about polish soldiers who gave theirs life in RAF for example in Battle for Britain… There were treated as heroses, but after war noone cares for them.

Then we, as a Poland i mean, spend 60 years behind Iron Wall thanks to Churchill, who sold us to Stalin in Jalta, for british peace of mind. I think you owe us something. But do not be worry, there is plenty of jobs arround there. And everyone can get one.

Remember: you as a british citizens are always on better position, as this is your country, not mine. So i doubt that I am really danger for you guys.

But i do comprehence your position: I lost my european job as my company choose to use some Romanian guy with his 25 years old scrappy mercedes instead of me and own company van. At least I am playing on your rules and do not trying to put you out off business offering dumping prices…

orys:

Rob K:

hihi :slight_smile:

You want to start this discussuin serious? So start it from the begining.

I havent noticed any complains about polish soldiers who gave theirs life in RAF for example in Battle for Britain… There were treated as heroses, but after war noone cares for them.

Then we, as a Poland i mean, spend 60 years behind Iron Wall thanks to Churchill, who sold us to Stalin in Jalta, for british peace of mind. I think you owe us something. But do not be worry, there is plenty of jobs arround there. And everyone can get one.

Remember: you as a british citizens are always on better position, as this is your country, not mine. So i doubt that I am really danger for you guys.

But i do comprehence your position: I lost my european job as my company choose to use some Romanian guy with his 25 years old scrappy mercedes instead of me and own company van. At least I am playing on your rules and do not trying to put you out off business offering dumping prices…

Welcome Orys we all have a point of view on the imigration issues BUT that is not your fault. Its the fault of the British goverment.

This is a good site for truckers and from time to time we have the odd argument but usually nothing too nasty :laughing: :laughing:

One of the great things about living in a free country id that we all have the right to free speech (INCLUDING YOU)

Once again Welcome :wink: