Just want to say "hello, I am new there"

RobK wrote

Yes, I have 2 questions for you before I leave :

1. When are you and your pals going to stop nicking all our jobs?
  2. When are you and your pals going back to Poland for good?

There’s a shortage of approximately 100,000 LGV and PCV drivers combined (could be a lot more) in Britain - so what jobs are Orys and his “pals” nicking?

What is it exactly you’re doing in Dubai anyway RobK? Are you working there?

I don’t have a problem with Poles - or anyone else - coming in to Britain legally, just as long as they don’t break the law, they pay their taxes, and don’t get preferential treatment of any kind!
Unfortuanately a lot of Eastern europeans are getting preferential treatment, particularly when it comes to jumping the queue for council and housing association houses. That is so wrong! But blame the government for that, not the migrants!

Whether we like it or not these people are filling a huge void in the job market in Britain.

ROG:
OK, someone at some time was going to raise certain issues but it might have been better to ask questions such as, why do you want to work in this country?, what are conditions like in your native country? how do you feel about your fellow Uk lorry drivers?

I can give you that answer. There are various reasons why I came here.

1. Live here its much more easier - I do not touching money at this moment, but just to make all things is much easier.
  2. You pay much lower taxes (in compare to amount of money you earning) and in compare to Poland you see, that this taxes aren’t wasted.
  3. I wanted to live in different country to learn language, to get different culture, to see the world
  4. This country gives me more opportunities - i am thinking to get back to university and do languages.
  5. Money are also important - I am a phnysics teacher and on the lorry in Scotland I am getting monthly polish teacher’s salary in two-three days. And live here is maybe twice, maybe three times more expensive then in Poland.
  6. Last but not least: National Service. Anyone of you wants to go to Iraq? I dont. But army still trying to get me. All this fairy tales about volunteers is one big ■■■■■■■■ in Poland, as we were promised by Bush and Blair that you give our army great financial support for fighting for you in Iraq and now its looks that you got enaugh of your own problems… So we are fighting, polish soldiers are dying and most of british people even do not know, that there are some polish soldiers in Iraq. (But if some british soldiers in Iraq will cut his finger when preparing himself a sandwich that will be on all headlines)

How i feel to british drivers?

I can’t feel guilty. There is plenty of jobs arround and I did plenty of jobs, which no-one in Scotland wanted to touch even with a long club: removals, portable toilets, jet drain unblockers… I were working as class two for 6.00 per hour… Now I have some position in Industry and I can ask for more. I always paid all taxes, fees and I am registered in Home Office as is required for me. I never claimed any benefits or nothing from this country (all what I have here is from my own hard work) and now is first time, but I am not guilty - other driver hitted my back when I was stoped on red light in my car and I lost my job and I cant find new one. I havent asked him to drive in my boot, and I am very unhappy to be forced to claiming jobseekers allowance… Anyone can blame me for anything?

After all 300 hundreds years ago, when Scotland was poor country there were 1000s of scotsmans who came to my country and were stealing polish jobs :wink:

starlocation:
“Witam Orys”
So have you started wearing a Kilt yet ?

No, I do not have a need for wearing a kilt.

You see, I am not interesting in sheeps so I do not care if they will hear sound of my zipper :wink:

jonboy:
ory’s welcome to trucknet (bit late i know).

is there any chance you could translate your "reportage " into english and post it on here mate . your English is a lot better then my none exsistent Polish. it would take me days to translate it to read it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers jon

Maybe, but propably not today :wink:

orys - Welcome.

I don’t drink midweek, but I’d buy you a pint.

thecoder0:
Welcome Orys we all have a point of view on the imigration issues BUT that is not your fault. Its the fault of the British goverment.

This is a good site for truckers and from time to time we have the odd argument but usually nothing too nasty :laughing: :laughing:

One of the great things about living in a free country id that we all have the right to free speech (INCLUDING YOU)

Once again Welcome :wink:

Very well said Cody.

Welcome Orys

Hello orys and welcome.

Ouch - that bit about selling Poland to the Russians was a bit below the belt!!! :laughing: Though you have a valid point. :wink:

I would also add that I can understand exactly what you mean. :wink:

I have been working with Polish drivers for about two years now. I have met two types:

Type 1. Those that have come here on their own, off their own back to work for whoever they can get a job with. The guys who I’ve seen have all earned the same as their British counterparts. I have always got on well with this type. They integrate well with us and make every effort to learn the English language. We have a bit of banter. They take the ■■■■ out of us, we take the ■■■■ out of them.

Type 2. Those that have been brought over here by agencies in Poland who have contacts in this country to find work. They tend to be poorly skilled, constantly causing damage, have no interest in integrating with the rest of us and speak only in Polish. They are quite happy to work for much less pay than British drivers, and do us no favours.

Type 2s are the ones I have a problem with. The Type 1s are fine. i am very good friends with two of these guys, and they often come down to the pub with us on a weekend. How can you lot drink all that vodka and not fall over■■? :laughing:

Anyway - back to my problem. The Type 2s. I understand that the pay a British driver would laugh at may seem very appealing to a Polish driver, but that still doesn’t make it right. I worked for a supermarket depot in Huntingdon who struck up a deal with one of these Polish agencies to import Polish drivers and the whole project was a disaster. Out of the first batch of twelve, only one of them managed to (just) pass a driving assessment. Management told us assessors that they ‘all had to be passed’, and many of us stood down from assessing and refused to sign our names to any document suggesting these guys were any good. A few more batches arrived and these were worse!! Now they are importing Lithuanians and Romanians also.

It is worth pointing out that before any of the Type 2s arrived, we had half a dozen Type 1s working for us. These guys all said what would happen when the Type 2s arrived and they were all bang on in their predictions.

‘All the decent Polish drivers are here already, you’ll just get the rubbish ones’, said Maciek, Slawomir, Piotr, Mariusz and Alfred - and they were all right.

The amount of accidents went through the roof and I am so glad that I have nothing more to do with that company. :smiley:

To sum up, there are good and bad in every race. I have no problem with anybody who is here to work (as you wish to), who demands the same pay (which you seem to) and is willing to integrate (as you have done by joining TruckNet).

I look forward to reading your views in future discussions. :slight_smile:

flying_fenman:

‘All the decent Polish drivers are here already, you’ll just get the rubbish ones’

I will only add to that: becouse all good drivers are already here there is a big shortage for a drivers in Poland as well. Companies considered that and now there offering competetive rates (so some of my friends are driving back in Poland as for them even if they earning less is good to live at home). Altough there is no lognger as bad as 20 years ago, when Vos Logistics Poland had 45 lorries parked outside the depot, as they cannot find a drivers to drive it, is still huge need for good drivers. So guys wqho coming here with this agencies must be some last sort of drivers, some loosers, if they cannot find a job in Poland… Or guys, who just passed their licences. Or guys who cannot learn any languages to go somewhere on their own.

Thanks for nice words.

orys:

flying_fenman:

‘All the decent Polish drivers are here already, you’ll just get the rubbish ones’

I will only add to that: becouse all good drivers are already here there is a big shortage for a drivers in Poland as well. Companies considered that and now there offering competetive rates (so some of my friends are driving back in Poland as for them even if they earning less is good to live at home). Altough there is no lognger as bad as 20 years ago, when Vos Logistics Poland had 45 lorries parked outside the depot, as they cannot find a drivers to drive it, is still huge need for good drivers. So guys wqho coming here with this agencies must be some last sort of drivers, some loosers, if they cannot find a job in Poland… Or guys, who just passed their licences. Or guys who cannot learn any languages to go somewhere on their own.

Thanks for nice words.

Just one question how come you decided to look for work in Glasgow and and the midlands or South of England where there would be more oppurtunity.

Or do you just prefer 365 rainy days a year :laughing: :laughing:

It was quite sipmle. I was with my girl of this time to visit her family and to work for one summer, when I was on the University. I was driving sprinter vans and I recognized opportunity on the lorries. So i came back to Poland, did my class 2 (i wanted to do my class one as well, but due to some bribe scandal in examination centre i havent, and I am still angry for that) and I came back here, when I finished my studies. I was no longer with this girl, but some of my old friends moved to Edinburgh in this time. I came to them, but there is not too much work for drivers in Edi, so I moved to Glasgow (and they moved to Dundee for University). After about 10 months women of my life joined me in Glasgow and now I consider that place as my own home :slight_smile:

So in fact that was a random. But in fact, I am happy that I living in Scotland. Its beautifull there, my job over the Outher Hebrides was an adventure of my live, and Scottish people are very friendly to Poles.

P.S And the weather isnt as bad as they talk…

You will go rusty I promise you. :laughing: :laughing:

I will try to educate you on matters UK…Officially London is the capital of the country…Unoficially West Yorkshire is really the capital and also known as Gods own county where the women all look like the back end of a bus but the people are really friendly. (Mostly)

The reason for there being so many jobs available in Scotland and so much space is because they are all down south nicking our jobs we only alow this to happen if they promise to marry one of our pig ugly women. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

You have a PM

good luck orys… obviously the majority do not have an issue with foreign drivers, or europenns as we all are!!

Welcome to the Forum and can i apologise for some of the comments you have recieved - good luck in finding some work.

jonboy:
is there any chance you could translate your "reportage " into english and post it on here mate .

Ok, I did that for you instead of doing my usual english lesson. I’ll post it in separate topic.

:wink:

Rob K:

orys:
If any of you have some questions regarding to Poland (about polish transport, polish language or something), feel free to ask me and I’ll will try to help you, if i will able to do so.

Yes, I have 2 questions for you before I leave :

1. When are you and your pals going to stop nicking all our jobs?
  2. When are you and your pals going back to Poland for good?

:sunglasses:

The keyboard warrior strikes back. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Britain is saved from the Immigrant Hordes.
Thank you Rob K, you’re my hero,can I have your autograph please?

Hmmm… Am I dead or something? :slight_smile:

Orys, there are more morons on this forum than any other I visit. There are only two types of people in this world - good ones and bad ones. You seem to be one of the good ones. Leave the narrow minded xenophobes to rot in their sad little world, for they are beyond saving.

Orys, there are more morons on this forum than any other I visit. There are only two types of people in this world - good ones and bad ones. You seem to be one of the good ones. Leave the narrow minded xenophobes here to rot in their sad little world, for they are beyond saving.

So Say’s the chief moron.

Edinburgh here, I am retired but did have a laugh about your western isles stories !! I delivered there myself many years ago and it brought back memories