alfie

Does anyone remember a film that was the follow up to “alfie” with Alan Price (ex Animals pop group) starring instead of Micheal Caine, that involved driving to Turkey circa 1977? Think he drove an F88?

amazon.imdb.com/title/tt0072623/ :question:

montydog:
Does anyone remember a film that was the follow up to “alfie” with Alan Price (ex Animals pop group) starring instead of Micheal Caine, that involved driving to Turkey circa 1977? Think he drove an F88?

Sure do i was only thinking of it this week it was called alfie darling.They had a stepframe trailer with an F88 cab on the back for doing the inside cab shoots (remember when he got off the ferry in france the police opened the cab door an he was in the bunk with a bird) Don collison supplied the transport for the film,alfie drove a six wheel F88 tractor with a tilt in the film.I think he traveled to yugoslavia on one of the trips,it showed him speeding in france trying to keep up with a bird in a sports car an things not a bad film,i love trucks so it was good for me.

This film has been on sky channel film 4 this week.The lorry alfie drives is a 6 wheel F88 tractor,white cab with olive green stripe round the cab with the words “volvo bm” in the sripe.The reg number is EMF 521J,on his first run he delivers to a company in france called NATCO. The tilt looked like a hire trailer just plain blue spread axle.

boyzee if you check posting on tahir on 29 april 2008 about four pages back I have put some photos of EMF521J when I drove it on middle east about 12 months after the film was made. Joan Collins was also in the film i believe. I drove it for about 2 years on m/e before getting a 140. Big time then. A chap called Billy Pease ( or similar surname) drove it during filming and was out in Iran in 1975 when I met him and then I ended up getting his old 88.

the beast in question. I think you can make out the number plate just about

Josh that looks the nuts,i love the old 6 leggers when they,ve got the proper twin wheels on both drive and tag axle.They spread axle tilt looks just right this brings back a few memories,great picture.