Middle east documentry

spoke to a mate of mine today and he,s asked me if i can find out if anyone remembers a documentry from about 20 years ago about a firm called hudsons who sent trucks to the m/e.the reason he remembers it was that this firm had a motor broke down on the way or in the m/e so they decided to send a mechanic and the relavant parts needed down with the next two trucks bound for the m/e.

Carl. This one does not ring any bells with me are you sure he is not getting mixed up with Destination Doha this involved a mechanic going down to recover a broken down truck and travelling down with 2 other trucks. The firm in this film is Astrans. You can pick up a copy on Ebay for about £10.00 worth every penny though .

Yup, it was a BBC2 World About Us documentary that featured Astran, and the driver sent out to recover a broken down Scania was the late John Williams. He actually recovered the drawbar outfit and drove it back to the UK.

It was a good documentary, but became tainted in my eyes when I later found out that the ‘■■■■ Snow up to his diffs in sand’ passage was staged for the cameras.

The other drivers were Frank Hook, ■■■■ Rivers and Dave Poulton. The two-part documentary was narrated by the late Benny Green.

cheers guys anyone got 2 copies they wanna sell :laughing:

Carl, you sometimes get it on ebay M8.

you can get a copy at www.toprun.ch

Carl

You have PM

Hi, can anybody help, Im trying to get hold of a copy of “Juggernaut” by Robert A Hutchins . My mate lent me his and I went n left it in a hotel near paris !! :blush: (dont ask) so I need to replace it …I`ve tried all the usual ( e-bay amazon etc.) with no luck. I know its not cheap n dont mind paying a reasonable price for 1 in good nick. thanks !

The original Destination Doha is being re-released this month I think, details can be found on the link below.

I don’t mind that they made it more interesting by staging the ■■■■ Snow thing, it’s not as if it never happened to anybody, so all they were doing was using a little license to show the problems that could befall the M/E driver.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=49879

pooky:
Hi, can anybody help, Im trying to get hold of a copy of “Juggernaut” by Robert A Hutchins . My mate lent me his and I went n left it in a hotel near paris !! :blush: (dont ask) so I need to replace it …I`ve tried all the usual ( e-bay amazon etc.) with no luck. I know its not cheap n dont mind paying a reasonable price for 1 in good nick. thanks !
[/quote

Try this link but not cheap :open_mouth:
[bookbutler.com]
(http://www.bookbutler.com)

hi carl

the destination doha film has just been remastered & you can get it at www.nynehead-books.co.uk.

i hope this info helped

cheers
gaz

marky:
It was a good documentary, but became tainted in my eyes when I later found out that the ‘■■■■ Snow up to his diffs in sand’ passage was staged for the cameras.

Hi Marky; I have to tell you that in fact the ■■■■ Snow bit in the film was not staged. If you are interested in my thread about the Astran book I am writing, I have documented some very interesting facts about the film :wink: so you’ll have to order a book to find out more…

Did you know: - DESTINATION DOHA is being re-released around now…

THE ORIGINAL, 2 PART, FULL LENGTH FILM ……NOW AVAILABLE IN PERFECT QUALITY!
No more wobbly music, gaps in the tape, fuzzy images or unrecognizable commentary.

A 2 disc boxed set will be available. Distributed under license from the BBC by Old Pond Publishing. Check out oldpond.com and go to “news”, scroll down.

The following deal is exclusive to Trucknet members;
DVD is priced at £17.95 and is post free.

Quote ref: TN09 - and do not forget to include your name and address
Write to: Old Pond Publishing Ltd, Freepost ANG4854, Ipswich IP1 5ZZ
Telephone: 01473 238200

For customers outside the UK write to: Old Pond Publishing, Dencora Business Centre, 36 White House Road, Ipswich IP1 4PA.
Post & packing is £2.50
Please also note: Old Pond Publishing is not licensed to sell to US & Canada.

Hello All,

Just wondering if anybody has had their ‘Destination Doha’ from Old Pond yet?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Not yet

Hi They arrived at Old Pond on Tuesday, lady I spoke to said orders would be sent out to arrive within 7 days.
Regards MaggieD

Hi Jacko22. Thanks for the link, no luck tho, just have to keep looking,
cheers :unamused: :exclamation:

if u are a cheap [zb] like me… (well i am scottish)… :smiley: … you could have a look at it on u tube… bit grainy like but watchable…

there is the easy bit tehn then hard bit…

youtube.com/watch?v=CTn70VLaNaE

Mine arrived this morning

MaggieD:
Hi They arrived at Old Pond on Tuesday, lady I spoke to said orders would be sent out to arrive within 7 days.
Regards MaggieD

So did mine. :laughing:

Just watched mine tonight,still a brilliant film about lorries.