Aldi, Chelmsford

Just seen an Ad in local Chelmsford paper for drivers at Aldi RDC Chelmsford, £10.95 days, £12.75 nights, guaranteed minimum hours, 5 weeks hols.

Anyone know what job is like, hours, runs , Etc?
I know a fews years back transport was run by Hanbury Davies, think its run in house now?
Thinking of applying its 3 min from my door :slight_smile:

Dunno about driving with/for them - could it be another situation of European bought-in building plans coming with lots of blind-side bays?

(Their new store around here is opening 4th Sep with Cheggers cutting the ribbon …so I’d be doing nights to hide my fizzog).

I talked to a guy who’d done some work there once (albeit some time ago) He seemed to think it was a good number. Other than that I dunno, there never seems to be much activity in or out for the size of the place.

you have pm guv

I talked to a guy who’d done some work there once (albeit some time ago) He seemed to think it was a good number. Other than that I dunno, there never seems to be much activity in or out for the size of the place.

Im with you on that 8wheels the amount of times iv been past there and i cant ever remember seeing anything going on like a ghost RDC lol

A mate of mine did it when HD were running it. He liked it ok they keep you busy and he only left for personal reasons.If it was 3 minutes from my door I wouldn’t be telling you this… :wink:

Don’t know if it’s changed much but I did a few night runs for a subby - it used to be the case that you arrived at the RDC, load was picked but you had to load it onto trailer, mixture of cages & pallets, one or two stores. Drive to the store, you either had a key or a code to get into the back door/loading bay (store all shut up by this time) then tip yourself, re-load with cages & on to the next one. Each subby did the same store(s) every night so it got a bit repetitive but you were left totally to your own devices & there was none of the usual problems with paperwork etc. May have changed since then as it seemed a really screwy system at the time, but nothing would surprise me.

tallyman:
Don’t know if it’s changed much but I did a few night runs for a subby - it used to be the case that you arrived at the RDC, load was picked but you had to load it onto trailer, mixture of cages & pallets, one or two stores. Drive to the store, you either had a key or a code to get into the back door/loading bay (store all shut up by this time) then tip yourself, re-load with cages & on to the next one. Each subby did the same store(s) every night so it got a bit repetitive but you were left totally to your own devices & there was none of the usual problems with paperwork etc. May have changed since then as it seemed a really screwy system at the time, but nothing would surprise me.

Used to see them tipping themselves at night when i parked next to the pub at bulwell in nottingham.