ALDI ATHERSTONE

Hi looking to apply for a driving position at the above, can anyone give me heads up on what they are like pay hours etc, any info would help.
Thanks.

Stains:
Hi looking to apply for a driving position at the above, can anyone give me heads up on what they are like pay hours etc, any info would help.
Thanks.

Apply via agency if i remember correctly. Cant remember which agency tho but heard the dough is alrite

I know its probably not a like for like comparison but aldi chelmsford is a good number ,good kit and good money. You are not treated as an agency waller if on an agency and everybody helps everybody. Bit of a shock loading your own motor but although different the system does work.Training is first class you are not just thrown in at the deep end and the units and trailers are in the main constantly coupled so work is nice and clean. 5 on 3 off is the rota and you can end up doing long days but to me the more hours the better especially with three days to recover.

Is is cages or pallets ?

Check this out.

I know its probably not a like for like comparison but aldi chelmsford is a good number ,good kit and good money. You are not treated as an agency waller if on an agency and everybody helps everybody. Bit of a shock loading your own motor but although different the system does work.Training is first class you are not just thrown in at the deep end and the units and trailers are in the main constantly coupled so work is nice and clean. 5 on 3 off is the rota and you can end up doing long days but to me the more hours the better especially with three days to recover.

I’m at Chelmsford on Agency, I only work mon-Thurs, my choice.
As above quote, it’s a good job, nice kit some of the stores are a bugger to get into but on the whole I’m well happy in there, everyone mucks in and there a good bunch of lads.
Self load & tip helps Keep me Fit instead of just sitting in cab.
Aldi are actually advertising for drivers in Chelmsford as I write.

gmccabe13:
Is is cages or pallets ?

Its euro pallets and D pallets(2D’s make a euro) with the odd normal pallet for some beers and other canned drinks.You load at the RDC with an electric pallet truck with extended forks so 2 euro’s or 4d’s at a time and at the shop unload with a smaller pallet truck that takes one euro or 2 d’s at a time. The stores can be tight for room so sometimes its easier to use a hand pallet truck to unload less bulky than the electric pallet trucks.

Hi thanks for the the replies I understand that you have to load/unload etc but does anyone actually work out of the Atherstone branch and have an idea of take home pay etc.

amamdada:

What are the the conditions like in aldi? i.e. overtime rates, sick pay, pension etc.

Thought this would be a bad thread…ie shocking tipping and waiting times. Hope not as tipping there in the morning

You betcha, I was there for three and a half hours waiting to self tip. Loads of free bays but they kept me waiting as I was 20mins late owing to traffic.
Friendly enough staff but I lost my sense of humour when I had to drop every euro and turn it around so there warehouse forkies could lift three at a time. Oh and god forbid you don’t stack the same brand pallets next to each other. No it’s not a split load it’s all ■■■■■■■ beer!!!

Do you have to work 5 on 3 off or can you do 4 on 4 off at Atherstone ?

10 hours a day pal start on 12ph going up to 15ph triple time on bank holidays and plenty of holiday each year. Take home about £2500-£3000 a month all depending you have shift choices of 5 on 3 off and 4 on 4 off. I do work here so this is good advice. Self load/tip and if you can’t handle going into stores at night on your own in waiting around in the day to get on the bay the job isn’t for you patience is needed. Mostly pallets pretty much all the time but you might get the odd cage on a rarity. Very active job and stores can great and others aren’t so great don’t be out off by this though as I love the job been here 20 years and won’t be changing it. Good set of boys there that will help you out you might get 2 runs at a bit of a distance say Nottingham back for Leominster or you could get three or four locals Atherstone, Hinckley, Castle Brom and then they might put Tamworth on the back of that. Really hope this helps great work place and pays some of the best money in the industry.
Driver/Transport Deputy at Aldi UK Atherstone.

any vacancies at the moment hunty?

m.a.n rules:

Yes they are. Click here and search for the Atherstone depot.

Terry T:

m.a.n rules:

Yes they are. Click here and search for the Atherstone depot.

thank you .

I’ve got a mate who works at the Goldthorpe depot and was speaking to him few weeks ago about his place and sounds much like what everyone saying here. I’m liking the sound of all this,don’t mind self loading/tipping either. Was thinking doing nights too so will get on the case

When I get my licence back !

They’re taking on & moving away from Subbies apparently. This is driver talk only.

They are taking on at the moment. Apply through flex recruitment or Armstrong logistics the you will be moved on to an aldi contract or apply through the recruitment site but best to go through agency. Feel free to contact for information.

Hi looking at the Aldi Drivers thread on truck net UK and looked AR the links

aldirecruitment.co.uk/apply/
State only £9.85 to £12.85 phr

Just tried to apply using their online system and get stuck in a loop so can’t apply. :cry: tried email with a cv to get a response that cv’s on email are not acceptable…

Also checked out Felx Recruitment and nothing is listed■■?
flexrecruitment.co.uk/jobs/j … sectorid=1

Currently checking out the Armstrong logistics option which is a download paper application form :smiley: