Relocation.

Hi All.

My wife ad I are heading back to Essex from Bristol as we Have a first baby due in July. Its purely to be closer to family.

My question is do any of you fine lads and lasses know of any companies or even agencies in the Chelmsford, Thurrock, or Tilbury areas that might be worth a look?.. I would be looking at class 1, And would like to steer well clear of general haulage.

We are heading back in a couple of months so thought I’d get onto it early.
Thanks and stay safety

You could try the co op at Thurrock (don’t know if they are taking on- know Andover and Avonmouth are) we deliver to all of them daily, might be worth a shot

Apply direct to ALDI in Chelmsford, cracking job especially with a young’un on the way good money and a good number. There are affiliated agencies such as Reliance and Just Drivers but apply direct if you can. Other than that try H&G recruitment they are based in St Albans but have stuff all over the place including Poundland out of Harlow. Argos in Basildon are always looking as well but not sure which agencies they use.If you look on the indeed website for hgv jobs in Essex and/or Herts there are loads a lot of them for decent money as well.

There is notices plastered all over tescos in Dagenham looking for drivers you could try there.

Express freight in tilbury dock have a sign outside looking for drivers.

Yeah I do like the sound of Aldi, I beleive its self load and tip, Which I know for some is horrifying but I don’t mind getting stuck in, Will definately fill out online application for that one bud. Thanks

This Aldi self load/tip isn’t as bad as you think. I went to the new depot in goldthorpe last week,security tells you which bay and gives you a key for the pallet truck which is right next to the door. It’s got long forks to fit under 2 pallets at a time. Same sort of thing for Middleton and No waiting about,but this was on nights could be busier on days.
Aldi stores are quite easy too,some have sloping loading bays so need to raise or lower trailer but again they have electric pallet truck to unload yourself

Woodland group in Chelmsford are looking for class 1 at moment.
Aldi is a great number, I’m there on nights. Nationwide is another of the agency’s putting drivers in there on temp/perm basis, call them. JBL Tpt in Bedford have some trucks running out of Aldi, give them a shout he was looking for drivers recently to work Aldi.

Sounds like the Aldi could be the one, Don’t seem to be to many bad words about the job.
I have been there once or twice as an outside supplier and it better than your average rdc it has to be said. Application submitted so fingers crossed.