agency

it me or is it that theres less work than in Jan

4 weeks to plant rush time and counting

This month IS quiet.

I was rushed off my feet in January,and getting some serious hours in.This month I’ve been the total opposite,but it has let me get on with doing things on my radio ham gear.

Ken.

Get yourself to Merseyside…i’ve had to turn my phone off to stop the offers coming in!!!

I thought that Jan was VERY quiet!!!

Started to panic a lot!!!

But now everything seems to have turned and things are picking up.

Wobble:
Get yourself to Merseyside…i’ve had to turn my phone off to stop the offers coming in!!!

Whereabouts? I switched mine off cos i can’t be arsed going to Middlewich. B+Q all dried up :cry: I might have to get a real job at his rate.

Seems to be OK in the south east. I haven’t missed a day apart from rest days, or I wanted a day off because of other things to do, this year yet. Hopefully it continues this way.

My first ever quiet time was last year (around this time), never had it quiet before that.

I just had my first weeks work since December 12th !
Well I say a week, I turned up this morning at 4.45 and my wagon had no box on it. Checked the paperwork with security, and it had the other drivers name on, so a wasted lie-in there. Have to see whether the agency will give me any time for attending …

i have had a couple of involuntary days off this year but im doing ok. the last 3 nights have served me well. 12 hour shifts trunking to birmingham. that will level my wages after a couple of slower weeks

Last year when I was on the agency I had a good January but Feb and March was just 1 or 2 days a week ( think I only had 1 week where I did more than 2 days ) so when I was offered a permanent position with what I thought was a good wage I jumped at it. Now I get paid for bank holidays and get 22 days holiday in addition plus pension plan no Saturday unless I want it and they need someone and never work on a Sunday and get to go eat dinner with the wife and go to bed when it’s dark and no-one is out mowing their lawn.

Sympathies to anyone who is having it tough getting work at the moment.

First two weeks in January i did nothing but then i didnt look either.

since then its been 5& 6 days a week just got in with 60 hours in for this week :laughing: and also had a couple of calls from other agencies too…

I reckon the poles must be going home because this time last year i had nothing to call anything till March,but having said that it usually balances out.

Wobble:

Whereabout? :smiley:

I am from Wirral. My problem is that I got my licences relatively lately. (class 1 and 2 plus ADR). Any agencies or places suggested to visit?

Wobble:
i’ve had to turn my phone off to stop the offers coming in!!!

I can believe it…Im having to keep the phone on charge, to keep it topped up, as its ringing so much :open_mouth: as I type this Ive just had my 2nd call and Ive only been out of bed an hour, Im even getting agencies offering me premiums over the normal rates, just to tempt me to move over to them, and as its getting closer to the weekend Im expecting even more calls tis this warm weather, I never been offered so much work hauling beer, plants, BBQs & garden furniture