My 1st non-working week:-( (update)

I’ve made my self availible to 3 agencies since late October for 2 days each week, either a Mon & Tues or Thurs & Fri, depending on my shift.
I have had 15 shifts in all but this week has been my 1st week with no work.
I hope its just blip!
Make that 2 weeks now deffo all gone quiet!

Unfortunatly mate it is the quiet time for agency work till about Easter. Hopefully you have done enough to get yourself a “good name” with the agency cos te work tends to go to the “blue eyed boys” this time of year.

Not wanting to put a dampner on you mate but don’t get too dissapointed if the phone don’t ring

this is always the time of year agency drivers have doubts in their decisions i’m doing casual for a bloke crap money but better than nought…keeps me out of the missus’s way

Yup I gotta agree with the above, this week I`ve had calls at 8am “can you get to…by 9am”… then today nothing, tomorrow…who knows
previous week…nothing
week before 3 days work, so long as I can get 2/3 days work on average, I can keep my head above water atm

i have had nowt for the last 2 weeks from the agency but was expecting it after xmas.

Self employed work has just come to a halt this last week. Nothing for next so far but I’m not bothered as I’ve had very little time off since last Feb.

Having found myself on agency before christmas I did something different this year…

Rather than go for the bug bucks but seasonal, I opted for lower rate on non-seasonal work. Seems to have paid off :laughing:

Truth is I detest pulling trollies and would do most anything but…

Conor:
Self employed work has just come to a halt this last week. Nothing for next so far but I’m not bothered as I’ve had very little time off since last Feb.

and it gives you chance to go sign on for some handout cash eh?

jj72:

Conor:

and it gives you chance to go sign on for some handout cash eh?

I’ve been expecting someone to say that all evening, you didn’t disappoint jj. :wink: :smiley:

red7jase:
I’ve made my self availible to 3 agencies since late October for 2 days each week, either a Mon & Tues or Thurs & Fri, depending on my shift.
I hope its just blip!

dont forget us full time agency drivers. a decent agency will keep us working first as its our only income. thats not a dig at anyone doing a bit on the side but if i was sitting in the office and 2 drivers were available, one with a job and one without, the guy who is relying on me for his income would get the job first

Did agency work full time for 5 years but every year I seemed to get less work from January till March. So decided to get myself a full time job that payed less but always kept me working.

Hi, I like the agency work cos its something new most days and you get to see and go to different firms and drive different trucks ect . the pay is quite good , I work full time in a factory shifts 6-2/2-12 /40 hrs no overtime for £250pw(waiting for redundancy but o be honest I sick of it ) but I am considering asking the agencies’ if I can go full time cos I don’t mind what hrs i do and i like the trucking 1000000! Times more even if there’s a lot of handballing and multidrop I know this is a quite time for the agencies but would I be better of going full time? :confused:

I’ve just in the last half hour got a run for tomorrow so I’m doing alright so far, worked every weekday except new year’s day this year so far. Tuesday onwards is looking a bit dodgy though.

Paul

got to accept there is going to be very little till easter and it should have been planned for.
it’s ok shouting about all the cash you are earning when its busy but it all pans out in the end its just that you are at home a lot more than someone paye.

also plan you holidays when its quiet … like now instead of when its busy in the summer.

jessicas dad:
it’s ok shouting about all the cash you are earning when its busy but it all pans out in the end its just that you are at home a lot more than someone paye.

tsk alex, what on earth do you think the DSS is for man? squirrel away your mega earnings from before xmas then get on the scrounge january/february - them PAYE mugs will fund it after all :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jj72:

jessicas dad:

tsk alex, what on earth do you think the DSS is for man? squirrel away your mega earnings from before xmas then get on the scrounge january/february - them PAYE mugs will fund it after all :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

scanny77:

red7jase:
I hope its just blip!

dont forget us full time agency drivers. a decent agency will keep us working first as its our only income. thats not a dig at anyone doing a bit on the side but if i was sitting in the office and 2 drivers were available, one with a job and one without, the guy who is relying on me for his income would get the job first

Absolutely right scanny.

jj72:

jessicas dad:

sorry jj i wont be funding you as mine comes back to me as family credit :wink:

Updated

2 weeks now:-(