New Years agency lull, what lull?

Already booked for next week, had several begging texts offering £50 a day bonus if I’d go to Stobarts at Goole today and tomorrow.

I remember last time I did agency it dying the death a few days before Xmas. Have things changed this much?

Still early days yet, wait for the regular full timers to get back on shift before you jinx yourself. Keep us up to date though!

Batmann:
Still early days yet, wait for the regular full timers to get back on shift before you jinx yourself. Keep us up to date though!

^^^^
This
I’ve been busy this last couple of weeks doing holiday cover, Today being my last day as the regular driver is back on Monday, bracing myself now for the two month lay off :cry:

it is a little early for the temporary negative spike in agency work. next week is when it will kick in but that depends on the sector. retailers tend to have a holiday ban in december so january means holiday cover then using up holiday entitlement before the end of march. weekend work is usually quite steady throughout the year though. it doesnt suit me any more but necessity over-rules all so i will have to bite the bullet and pack the guns away for a while

i took the leap and hand my notice to employer on monday so registered with agencies few weeks ago …ive ste up as ltd …ive had them all on the phone this week offering ongoing work

stvme2519:
i took the leap and hand my notice to employer on monday so registered with agencies few weeks ago …ive ste up as ltd …ive had them all on the phone this week offering ongoing work

Any £50 bonus offered■■?
Or is that for Conor the Super Agency Knuckle Dragger :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Depends on what sector of transport the agency do I suppose. Things like supermarket work for the likes of Tesco, Asda, Gist etc usually do drop off but stuff like the building sectors and builders merchants usually start back into things stright away restocking the yards up and sites requiring goods.

I’d already agreed to work last Saturday, then I find out that they were offering £50 bonuses for drivers to come in and work that day! :imp:

I’ve got more drops than Santa the morra to compensate for the 1st and 2nd but come Monday it will be dead. Was mostly dead the whole of December I thought.

Conor:
Already booked for next week, had several begging texts offering £50 a day bonus if I’d go to Stobarts at Goole today and tomorrow.

I remember last time I did agency it dying the death a few days before Xmas. Have things changed this much?

agree with the first part so far,i thought it would be quiet but not at the moment

Far from quiet here, I was offered £250 on top of my shift for Sunday, then £100 a shift bonus for Monday to Wednesday, I had 2 days off by choice and back in tomorrow.

January may well be quiet, but at the moment I am being offered stupid money to go in, Ideal as holidays coming up soon :smiley:

Haven’t heard hide nor hare from agencies I’m registered with.

If my back and legs were OK I’d be fully booked as it is I’m out Monday 13:00 and Tuesday 14:00, Chiro in the morning before my Monday run.

the tipping point IMO is usually around the 3rd week of Jan.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, (off Thursday) Friday & Saturday this week and already booked for 5 days next week.
Theyre that desperate not to loose me atm, there isnt actually a run for me on Monday, so I`m riding along as a drivers mate doing 3 drops around North Wales & Snowdon. IMO I would have been better working Sunday and having Monday off as my 24

Well it’s happened sooner than I thought, tonight will be 3rd night with no work, nothing at Sainsbury’s or Asda.

Never mind, got Lidl’s interview Friday, followed by assessment and two buddy days■■?

Don’t we have this thread every January? I’m sure I remember it last year :wink:

Not stopped. Had to force the issue to get Friday off. I quite like having January and February off but its not looking likely but if it drops down to a couple of days a week I’ll be happy.

Buddy days, where you get to do all the donkey work whilst the regular driver sits there with his head in the pillow. :laughing:

Conor:
Buddy days, where you get to do all the donkey work whilst the regular driver sits there with his head in the pillow. :laughing:

If that’s what the regular driver thinks then we ain’t going to end up very good buddies!! :laughing: :laughing:

I wouldn’t touch an agency with a bargepole :unamused:

Gave up doing agency work, wasn’t getting any work at all. Went after a full time job.