Agency work Newport/Bristol Area

Hi all,

With redundancy on the horizon I am hoping to get some class 1/2 or even 7.5 T agency work to tide me over until the right job comes along. I don’t need to earn to much thankfully, about £800 - £1000 take home per month.
Anyone with any agency experience in my area ( Newport or Bristol) able to give me some advice on which companies or agencies I should contact? How do you get on as an agency driver at either Tesco Magor, Wilkinsons Magor or Asda Chepstow? Is the pay ok or are my expectations unreasonable. I would prefer to work about 3-4 days per week preferably including a Friday and Saturday.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Andy

I presume you are on the Welsh side of the bridge? That could make a difference even though it’s incredibly quick to zip from one side to t’other and cheap enough if the rewards are OK. There are still plenty of agencies in Bristol. Spoke to someone at Mainline last year who claimed that class 2 work at least (probably not very nice stuff) was picking up then. I think part-time agency work (particularly weekends) as you described could be just right by the sound of it.

Alternatively, don’t get your hopes up, but we are looking (only internally to start with) for a part-time 7.5t driver at the mo. The pay 's not exactly great but it’s a good place to work which suits me. PM if interested, just remember, no promises. This is in Bristol btw.

Thanks for the info snudger, should find out fairly soon if I’m gonna get the redundancy but thanks for the infop on the 7.5 t job.

pm sent :slight_smile:

Try Oakwood Staff Solutions they are excellent, they are Bristol based and they really look after you, can’t remember number but they are on-line.

Try MXP recruitment, they are based at Aztec West in Bristol, had more work with them than any welsh agency, 01454 629723.

Give Swift Recruitment or A.D.R, they supply a lot of drivers for the companies you mentioned.