Asda

Hi, I’m new to this site but it’s obvious you guys know your stuff, so does anybody know which agency serves the Asda RDC in Chepstow? Failing that does anyone know any decent firms looking for Class 1 drivers in the Newport/Cardiff area?

Cheers

Frank

Try Randstad - I’m with their Swansea Branch, and I did some cover for the Newport Branch a couple of weeks ago.

Muz123:
Hi, I’m new to this site but it’s obvious you guys know your stuff, so does anybody know which agency serves the Asda RDC in Chepstow? Failing that does anyone know any decent firms looking for Class 1 drivers in the Newport/Cardiff area?

Cheers

Frank

if you want to work at asda ,apply direct,i work at wakefield.
dont be put off if you have no experience,they like newbies
jon

Yeah go direct they are a nice bunch down there, I haven’t worked for asda but I’ve spent enough time at their goods in.

Ta for the quick replys, I will try Ranstad and direct first thing tomorrow, should I ask for the TM or Transport office?

Frank

N.I.S are the big one in there, they cover the portbury and chepstow depots, ring carl or martin on 01454 329779

Muz123:
Ta for the quick replys, I will try Ranstad and direct first thing tomorrow, should I ask for the TM or Transport office?

Frank

you would need to speak to the “people team”
the number is 01291 628862
tell them your interested in working for them they will put you throught to the right dept
good luck
keep us imformed
if you get an interview pm me i will tell you what happens and what to say
jon

Driverhire Newport supply a lot of drivers to Asda Chepstow as does an agency called Transband, which are based in Magor. You also have Tesco and Wilkinsons in Magor and both the agency’s above supply drivers to them.

If you need contact numbers let me know.

Wayne.

Tanks again for the replies, do any of you know much about HGV work in South Wales at the mo…pay, conditions, prospects of work etc

Cheers again, Frank

The woolworths xmas contract will be kicking off about now and they have an outbase at freightliner in cardiff.
I dont know which agency they use but if you ring wincanton at swindon on 01793 494245 you could ask them which agencys they use for there cardiff outbase.
Or alot welsh folk go down to swindon and stay there all week laid on by woolworths usually in a house with 4 drivers, good money and easy work if you interested in that then ring ADR in Bristol or Beavers in swindon.

Wayne, any numbers would be gratefully received, but I can’t figure out how to PM

Frank

If it says PM at the bottom of the posting,hit that,and it takes you to a sort of internal e.mail.

(Thats it between my profile and e.mail markers.)

Ken.

Thanks Quinny, I’m a bit of a newcomer to forums if you couldn’t tell

Frank