Best driver agency SE Wales?

Hi all, so I’ve completed my dcpc in which I actually learnt a lot! I will be looking to do a refresher day on the wagons as it’s been a few years and then will be registering with some agencies.

Any advice on some good ones near me in Gwent would be very helpful. Oh and there is a job going at local haulage company driving flatbed , what’s your opinion on the following pay:

40 hrs @ £6.85 (min p/w)
Then 20 hrs @ £10.28

£4 meal allowance
£20 night out

Not sure if gross or net. Cheers.

40 hrs @ £6.85 (min p/w)
Then 20 hrs @ £10.28

£4 meal allowance
£20 night out

Tricky. First thought is that this is really crap money. To work 60 hours for IRO £450 is not exactly brilliant. But, it’s a job, it’s a start, it’s experience.

The agency may pay a little more and will almost certainly keep you in plenty of hours on the run up to Christmas. But, in the worst case scenario, they may drop you like a stone in January and then the £450 looks almost attractive.

Why not approach the employer with the offer of working for that money for, say, 3 months, and then renegotiate. If they don’t co-operate by end Feb, work will have picked up again on the agency and you might get a better deal there.

Really difficult decision; hope I may have helped a little.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Pete
The tm did show me some payslips for the drivers and they were taking home around £450 a week after tax so you’re spot on. The only good thing I can see going for that job is I won’t be thrown in the deep end like agency work ( assumption) and will get some help to start with.

Then again with the agency work I could do a couple of days doing various jobs to see what type of work I want to do.

Nothings straight forward aye!

Btw what kind of money should I be aiming for at agencies?

taking home around £450 a week after tax

Not too bad for take home. But my earlier comments still apply.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Swift Newport
Drivers Direct Caerphilly
ADR Newport

Thanks