advive on ADR

i am looking for advice on the adr licence, i have been recently considering spending the money and doing the course, but obviously i dont want to waste the cash if i cant get a job to use the licence, to be honest i dont really know much about this path of driving but i think that i would like to drive tankers,
i am sure that driving tankers would take some job trainning to know how to use the machinery properly, can anyone offer any advice…

also im trying to get full time work in liverpool driving wagons as i am a bit worried about the job security of working with agencies, i have been with an agency mow for about two months, does anyone know any one recruiting in liverpool

thanks all

go for the full adr mate it will be worth it and any rep company will provide all the proper training you need otherwise if they give you a job to do just say you cant cos you have not been trained. good luck

Hi I’ve just got my ADR licence in Packages and Tankes. Here in the south east, theirs not a lot of Class II work (Packages) although Class 1 appears to be ok.

Most tanker companies (ADR Tanks) need you to have a good years driving experiance, and most places have a waiting list for the jobs.

So it really depends on what type of work you want, Agency the go for the packages or tanker works Tanks.

Packages their is a lot to take in, but the tanker exam is easyer.

TRY asking at HOYER in Manchester,also try the old Norman Lewis
now part of SIMONS GROUP; SUTTONS; BRIT-EUROPEAN;SHIRLEYS;
BULKHAUL; Rinnen, ,take a walk around the chemical firmsin your area
and talk to the drivers of the various firms who are delivering, also try
looking at theGAS side of this work as they do pay well,oh yeh WHAT
about Van-de-bosch,or sitra they have yards in the UK as well.

YES they want experience but they will also take on new staff as
a new trained driver who comes and learns from their staff
will then be trained to their standards, it must be worth a try,

northernirishinlpool:
also im trying to get full time work in liverpool driving wagons as i am a bit worried about the job security of working with agencies, i have been with an agency mow for about two months, does anyone know any one recruiting in liverpool

thanks all

There’s hardly any haulage companies in Liverpool. Most of the work is out of the area a bit, Warrington, Skelmersdale, etc. The only ones i could think of for you to try would be McBurneys (fridges), Haulage Services (tanker division of Woodsides) and Montgomerys (tanks). T.J.Morris (home bargains) on the east lancs road (by croxteth)if you are really desperate.