Adr work wanted

Hi all
I have recently left the army with a clean class 1 licence full CPC and ADR 123 in packages and tanks.Im just wondering the best way to get into this line of work/?
any advice would be greatly accepted
cheers

I too recently left the army (voluntary redundancy) i had every licence under the sun Inc. full adr, hiab. I had no experience in driving commercially in civvie street and my first job was working on the fuel tankers (ridges) I got the job at first through a agency and then the company brought my contract off them, I just finished a winter contract with them, but if im being 100% honest towards the end of my contract i was glad it was coming to a end. 12-14 hour days, office staff were lazy ■■■■■■■ and dont give a ■■■■ about the drivers, routers not having a clue how to route, upto 25 deliveries a day working Saturday on Saturday off. The money was good but you dont have a life in it. Im not trying to put you off it im just telling you cold hard facts. My advice is you will be very very lucky to even get a job in fuel (i was) so get onto a good agency build your experience up doing all sorts, general haulage, hiab, mulit drop, trunking. Then weed out what sort of work you dont like doing (your a civvie now you have choices) and the type of work you like pursue that and then when you have some real experience under your belt start harassing fuel companies to give you a sort. And yes the money is very very good on the fuel tankers.

thanks mate ill give some agency’s ago

allseyboy:

Not sure if you can still claim training through the CTP scheme the forces run , but a number of fuel hauliers recruit through the scheme. I have to say the reality these days is the T&C on fuel have been eroded and there is Only one, fuel major with its own fleet so now,It’s the general hauliers like our friends from Carlisle that are closing in on the market. Good luck .

jenka:

allseyboy:

Not sure if you can still claim training through the CTP scheme the forces run , but a number of fuel hauliers recruit through the scheme. I have to say the reality these days is the T&C on fuel have been eroded and there is Only one, fuel major with its own fleet so now,It’s the general hauliers like our friends from Carlisle that are closing in on the market. Good luck .

Yea you can claim training through the resettlement me and few lads who got redundancy have not so long done it. The only problem I see for the lad is that he hadn’t completed his minimum service (4 years min from age 18) unless he’s getting discarded on medical grounds then he will be entitled to some resettlement. And I’m pretty sure you have to compleat min 6 years service to qualify for a resettlement package.

Hoyer are recruiting drivers in quite a few of their depots. They are accepting new to industry drivers and pay is very good. Training is second to none also, but it’s shift work on a 24/7 basis so don’t apply if you can’t do nights or weekends. They also tend to like ex army so you have a good chance. Good luck

alright now:
Hoyer are recruiting drivers in quite a few of their depots. They are accepting new to industry drivers and pay is very good. Training is second to none also, but it’s shift work on a 24/7 basis so don’t apply if you can’t do nights or weekends. They also tend to like ex army so you have a good chance. Good luck

They tend to recruit a lot wonder why! And their training is way behind Bp standard.