Adr jobs

Been looking into ADR Training as this is something that interests me, but I have not seen a lot of adverts in my local area for tanker positions I am East Central Scotland based was wondering if any users know if this entitlement would be worthwhile having for the region I’m based?

Cheers

I honestly wouldn’t like to speculate on what East Central Scotland has for ADR trained HGV drivers. But, what I can tell you is; I live in Manchester and I once had an ADR licence that covered everything, excluding radio actives and explosives in tanks and I could never get much use out of it. Therefore, I gave it up, when it expired 4 years ago.

The so called cream jobs are spoken for and vacancies never arise, unless someone dies. Even if someone does, it’s often a case of who you know, or if not, you must have a lot of useful experience to make you a serious competitor.

That’s my advice; in other words, don’t bother.

Problem with having ADR is finding a company these day that are willing to pay you extra for having ADR, current employer doesn’t pay extra but not a problem for me as I don’t have it, they offered to pay for it, but I declined.

Might leave it done a bit research not alot of positive reading

Don’t base any decisions on job adverts (many of which don’t exist and are far from reality if they do), the best lorry jobs out there are never ever advertised and they never will be, conversely those always advertising could well be assumed to have the worse T’s & C’s going.