Advice

Newbie asking for best route to Smithfield market from Telford.
First shift so hopefully lead to more work

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mdourish:

M54 to M6 (South), to M1(south), to M25(East). to M11 South to A406/A12 and follow for Stratford/Central London. After about 4-5 miles on A12 you will see a B&Q on your right, the Olympic Velodrome ahead and then a slip road signed for Westfield and New Smithfield market. Take that slip road and turn right at the traffic lights, my tip use lane 3 approaching the lights. After turning follow for the road ahead at the next lights,A106 (Eastway) and New Spitalfields is on your left at the next set of lights and clearly visible and signed.

I go that way with Deckers so you should have no problems. Take your time and command the road at roundabouts (A406-A12). Depending on your drive time South Mimms is about 40 mins from the Smithfield there is no reliable stopping after South Mimms as these roads are largely RED ROUTES. Good luck.

Unless he means the one in Manchester :open_mouth:

No smithfield London

i think he means smithfield market in central london, the one near Faringdon?

I was in the yard earlier and happened to look down & noticed that one of those shoelace thingys was not secure.

How do I fix this?

chrisdalott:

If that is the case then I haven’t been there. Some clarification from the OP would be helpful.

Wiretwister:

chrisdalott:

If that is the case then I haven’t been there. Some clarification from the OP would be helpful.

perhaps you should read the posts, op replied 11 minutes before you stating the one in the capital.

tommymanc:

Wiretwister:

chrisdalott:

perhaps you should read the posts, op replied 11 minutes before you stating the one in the capital.

“London” covers a pretty big area and Inside the North circular is part of the geographical “London” boundary. The clarification would be Farringdon or Stratford. It could also be that the OP doesn’t realise that the destination given is lacking precision hence the advice given and questions asked.

Just received the text giving address as east market London postcode ec1 a9pq

mdourish:

When are you going there.

fingermissing:

mdourish:

When are you going there.

Sunday night leave Telford about half 8

Wiretwister:

mdourish:

M54 to M6 (South), to M1(south), to M25(East). to M11 South to A406/A12 and follow for Stratford/Central London. After about 4-5 miles on A12 you will see a B&Q on your right, the Olympic Velodrome ahead and then a slip road signed for Westfield and New Smithfield market. Take that slip road and turn right at the traffic lights, my tip use lane 3 approaching the lights. After turning follow for the road ahead at the next lights,A106 (Eastway) and New Spitalfields is on your left at the next set of lights and clearly visible and signed.

I go that way with Deckers so you should have no problems. Take your time and command the road at roundabouts (A406-A12). Depending on your drive time South Mimms is about 40 mins from the Smithfield there is no reliable stopping after South Mimms as these roads are largely RED ROUTES. Good luck.

Wiretwisters directions are spot on for Spitalfields Market. Smithfield Market is about five or six miles further in to London.
The route I would follow, M54 M6 M1 obviously. Break at Gateway Services for an hour. Back on the M1 to the next exit, onto the A1, join A406 briefly at Finchley, pick up A1 signs all the way to the Barbican Centre and turn right in to Long Lane. I’m sure someone will tell us all I’m wrong but that’s the way I go.
The best of luck! And buy an A to Z of London!
And just edited this. EC1A 9PQ is Long Lane. So not bad eh?
Let us know how you get on with your baptism of fire!

beanie:

Wiretwister:

mdourish:

Wiretwisters directions are spot on for Spitalfields Market. Smithfield Market is about five or six miles further in to London.
The route I would follow, M54 M6 M1 obviously. Break at Gateway Services for an hour. Back on the M1 to the next exit, onto the A1, join A406 briefly at Finchley, pick up A1 signs all the way to the Barbican Centre and turn right in to Long Lane. I’m sure someone will tell us all I’m wrong but that’s the way I go.
The best of luck! And buy an A to Z!

This is the best route in to there but the A1 is closed in both directions till Monday 16th of January due bridge repairs/bridge replacement work info on TFL site just google A1 Holloway Road closure . The best route I can suggest is use the A41 in from A406 follow it down into London past Lords and Swiss Cottage be careful of the weight limit at Regents Park near London Zoo it’s well signposted follow A41 in then pick A501 up for city A1 etc stay A501 passing Euston and St Pancras pass the Angel where A1 comes out onto A501 then bare right on to A1 heading into the city follow it in Long Lane comes up right just after Barbican tube station u were unable to turn right due to roadworks before xmas so mite need to follow it down to next roundabout to spin round possibly I was at a Crossrail site slap bang next to Smithfield on 20th of December and used this route using A41/A501 in due to A1 closure southbound into town hope this helps .

mdourish:
No smithfield London

buy a tomtom truck 6000. brill bit of kit no need to worry about bridges or routes. £270.00 :wink:

Greggo:

beanie:

Wiretwister:

mdourish:

The best of luck! And buy an A to Z!

This is the best route in to there but the A1 is closed in both directions till Monday 16th of January due bridge repairs/bridge replacement work info on TFL site just google A1 Holloway Road closure . The best route I can suggest is use the A41 in from A406 follow it down into London past Lords and Swiss Cottage be careful of the weight limit at Regents Park near London Zoo it’s well signposted follow A41 in then pick A501 up for city A1 etc stay A501 passing Euston and St Pancras pass the Angel where A1 comes out onto A501 then bare right on to A1 heading into the city follow it in Long Lane comes up right just after Barbican tube station u were unable to turn right due to roadworks before xmas so mite need to follow it down to next roundabout to spin round possibly I was at a Crossrail site slap bang next to Smithfield on 20th of December and used this route using A41/A501 in due to A1 closure southbound into town hope this helps .

The no right turn at Barbican is still in place as of today, will be for a little while longer.

The A201 lets you go up Charterhouse Street with the market on your right, loop around right, and right again onto the Long Lane side and access the market that way. I think M40 > A40 > A501 > A201 would do it.

eagerbeaver:
I was in the yard earlier and happened to look down & noticed that one of those shoelace thingys was not secure.

How do I fix this?

Get mummy to do it… :wink:

:blush:

Thanks everyone for their advice greatly appreciated I will let you all know how I get on. First time driving class 2 on my own since passing test last month

If i was you id leave a tad earlier and get into Smithfield sooner than later… makes life soooo much easier… good luck and god speed… hell of a first shift…look out for clubbers,taxi drivers and bikes with no lights…