Advice please.

Hello Guys,
First post on here, looking for some advice please which may sound a bit of a stupid question, but here goes.
I have been self employed for the past 23 years as a stonemason, during this time i have done loads of Class 2 adhoc work for diffrent companies,multidrop, trunking, car transporter etc, when work has been tight on the stonemasonry side.
I have held my Class 1 for 23 years but hardly ever used it. I am taking a Class 1 refresher tomorrow with a training company 4/5 hours. I have the chance of Class 1 work with a big haulage company ( part time/ adhoc ) starting on Tuesday who are going to put me with one of their regular drivers for 2 days.
My question is would i get enough experience driving Class 1 part time or would i need to be driving Class 1 on a regular basis. Its not the going forward that i,m wondering about don,t have a problem with that it,s the reversing into those tight spots. I think i,ve been looking at the you tube videos to much.
All advice would be well recieved.
Thanks Guys.
Stoneman

Howdy Stoneman :wink:
I reckon you’ll be ok part time driving,demand much reversing practice on your refresher course tomorrow.
Even when you finally get out on your own,you can still practice your reversing,here and there.
You’ll be blind siding aots in rag time. :smiley:

just do as i … shut my eyes and hope for the best.

you’ve already got your class 1… so you proved you can do it, the only way you get
experience in anything is by doing it, and just jumping right in a the deep end is always the best IMHO

If in doubt & is available ask for help no brownie point for being a bumper