Returning to Driving

Hi All
It is a long time since I have been on the site and it is still as good as ever. I am in need of some help.I passed my class 1, 2 years ago and have not driven an artic for over a year, due to working in an office (boring). Due to having 2 small mouths to feed I want to start doing some weekend agency work, but am concerned that I haven’t driven for so long. Can anyone offer me some advice of a good agency to go to and what sort of work would be good to start on to try and get my confidence back. I was previously doing Supermarket deliveries and as ever my biggest fear is Reversing.
Any help would be appreciated
Cheers :frowning:
Sonyman

Hi sonyman

Just a thought though…i have been training today before my test on Tuesday.The chap i paired up with passed his class 1 a few years ago but had never used it, so he paid for a day training to get him back into the swing of things.

sonyman:
I was previously doing Supermarket deliveries and as ever my biggest fear is Reversing.
Any help would be appreciated
Cheers :frowning:
Sonyman

I passed mine nearly 30 years ago and even now, I still have days when the ■■■■ thing will not go where I want it to. Not at the first try, or the second…or the third…or the…you get the gist.

Two things to remember. G.O.A.L. Get Out and Look. And the second. :slight_smile: Look for another driver. The one that is smirking. Toss them the keys and simply admit, “I’ve had a head loss.” We’ve ALL been there. Don’t worry about it.

It’s embarrassing. It’s defeatist. But when you’re tired, if it’s the difference between admitting that your skills are limited, or returning with a damaged vehicle. The former is always preferable.