Advice please class 1 training

Can anyone recommend any training companies in the Leeds area?
i’ve decided to take the plunge and upgrade my class 2 and play with the big boys with class 1.

of course getting the licence is one thing, getting a class 1 job is another!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Many thanks.

Hargreaves is 1 that springs to mind. However Ive never used them myself for driver training, only did my ADR & CPCs with em

Thanks did my class 2 with them and when i asked about class 1 the instuctor said
“i wouldn’t do it with us”

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome mpat134 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A lot more posts by those that have done their C+E training can be found in the NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE)

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Thanks Rog
Gonna kick the kids out into the garden, get the wife to wash the car and sit down with a cup of tea and have a good read through.

Thanks again :smiley:

See id get her to bring you tea while ya reading it m8, and then the kids could wash the car… :slight_smile:

not a bad idea however picture the scene, my 2 year old son picks up the jet wash lance and pulls the trigger :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

try atkins driver training from gildersome i did class 2 and 1 with these guys very good from my experience!!Just google atkins driver training it will bring up the home page good luck!!!

cheers m8 they are on the list that Rog said to look at so i will be giving them a call.

peirre:
Hargreaves is 1 that springs to mind. However Ive never used them myself for driver training, only did my ADR & CPCs with em

i did mine with these fellas and they are top of the range.

My Brother did his LGV C+E in Leeds & apparently it’s the WORST place to take it. Leeds is considered the most difficult test centre in the country, I believe you can download the routes they use from the DSA website. Poor Brother had nothing to compare it to but apparently a lot of local wannabee’s travel further afield to take their tests.

Co’s are increasingly respectfull of the new, modern day test & the new driver stigma tends to be down to insewerance conditions rather than trust in a newly qualified driver. My Brother passed his LGV C 2yrs ago & went straight to C+E as soon as he was allowed. Despite the downturn he’s never stopped working (unlike the building trade that he got out of).

i passed both class 2 and class one with atkins,there is or was an instructe r called tom , not the fat one :smiley: a old guy , really strict but he got me thro the class one no probs, i booked 4 days and my test on the friday, was about £500 about 4 hrs per day!!! :open_mouth: but i used to do mine in the afternoon and cos i was the last one there he let me practice my revervse in there yard for has long has i liked and just hand the keys for the truck to his mate that ran a pallet yard next door, the reverse area in is yard is loads harder then the one at steeton test centre , worked tho cos when i did it there it was lots easier, just make sure u get a proper instructer i have heard not all is instructors are registered, ask for tom or mr atkins himself, he looks after the cash jobsmore then the company ones :wink:

Chas:
I believe you can download the routes they use from the DSA website.

The newbies forum has a sticky for them

slackeye:
just make sure u get a proper instructer i have heard not all is instructors are registered,

Been discussed in the newbies forum many times - the fact that an instructor is registered or not has no real bearing on their ability.
GET A RECOMMENDATION from someone who has trained with a school or particular instructor

dont think tom is there at atkins anymore i too had him for both courses great guy but heard he had a heart attack so had to pack in ,real shame

I passed my C+E with L&T in Pontefract. I thought they were excellent - professional and with quality/friendly instructors. They’ve also got a nice big yard for reversing practice.

They are happy to use quite a few different test centres - although I passed by C in Sheffield I opted for Wetherby for the C+E due to it having a lot of rural roads which I thought would be less stress on test day.