FAO: Conor & ron9516. Advice needed please

Hello to you both. I notice your both from Driffield. I’m in Hull .
Can either of you recommend a training school in the E. Yorkshire area. Taking Theory on June 22nd then it’s all systems go with the practical.

Cheers :smiley:

www.tockwithtraining.co.uk

I did both of mine with them (travelled from Leicester to do it). Have a lot of contracts with large bodies (council, bradford airport etc) so they can produce the goods.

Pass rate were around 85%.

Is Training for Industry still around. They were on Springfield Way.I did my Class One with them and also both CPC exams at Malet Lambert.

Thanks for the replies folks.
I’ve seen Tockwith on the web & whilst it’s the other side of York, it may be an option. 85% pass rate■■? Blimey that’s impressive. :slight_smile:

WheelNut, I live very close to Springfield Way & don’t think Training for Industry are still around. Certainly never see any learners about…well apart from all the Squaddies etc all over the area learning to drive from Leconfield :open_mouth:

Thanks

Sockpuppet:
www.tockwithtraining.co.uk

I did both of mine with them (travelled from Leicester to do it). Have a lot of contracts with large bodies (council, bradford airport etc) so they can produce the goods.

Pass rate were around 85%.

I did my HGV 1 (as it was then) in 1990 with Tockwith when it actually was at Tockwith airfield A 2-hour assessment (£40) was followed a couple of weeks later with 1½ days training then my test which I passed first time. If their standards of instruction are still as good as back then, I’d recommend them.

I’m sure that there’s a driving school at Dunswell called Welwyn Driver Training I think, mate of mine went there and he said that they were very good with 1-2-1 training. They are near Petunia Nurseries and where that bloke sells motorhomes (O’Leary).

The 2 Local LGV training schools are

Welwyn

And

T.I.R

http://www.t-i-r.com/driver_training.php

I can not vouch for either of them (other than to say T.I.R have newer vechicles) as I have no experience of their operations. Conor will be along later I’m sure. I would think he may be able to give you a little more insight.

My mate went with Welwyn…said they were OK.

TIR, the driver agency down Scarborough Road■■? , also do lessons and I think they also give you work with the agency as well after you pass.

both training schools seem ok have had friends who one went too welwyn another tir ,i personally did both c2 and c+e with tir only because tir had the larger vehicles ,tir used to get you work when you passed but no longer afaik they seem to be concentrating more on the driver training side,terry and chris instuctors there got me through c+e second attempt . if you do happen to go there mention tiny once seen never forgotten lol