Advice on a first day please

Hi,

Okies, well iv got myself a little temp job, its 8am till 5pm mon to fri with 1 night out every 2 weeks.

Advice needed as been ages since driven - 2008 lol when passed test.

Its a class 2 truck, with digi card.

So really need some advice from all your experience, what would you say do on a first day, good things to take with me other than sat nav etc?

Nothing to do with driving but remember how you come across on your first day sets the tone for how you are treated for the duration.If you don’t want to be walked all over and treated like an idiot forever you’ve got to be prepared to do something about it the first time it happens.Be polite but firm if you are asked to do something unreasonable and say no.

Be prepared for it not being a 8-5 day everyday!!

thats good advice deathstar, I nearly made the grave mistake of being talked into doing something in the truck today by a contractor that really would have ended up in disaster if I had gone through with it, lesson of the day, don’t give in to pier pressure, coz if it goes ■■■■ up your the one whos gonna carry the can, and face the consequences… :open_mouth:

thanks all 3 of u, will take that on board.

Btw, the tacho card, i just put it in the machine from reading other posts on it, and press ok to evrything dont i, then press the rest when have my 45min, then when i drive, its goes automatic to driving, then at end of day just stop and press give me my card im off home button?

the deliveries are easy, all raf bases.

I cant help you with that one robin, Ive got a digi card, But I haven’t got a clue how to use one as im tacco exempt where I work …

if u go to any US bases, at mildenhall there is a right tidy fork lift driver, her name is…Brianna if memory serves me right, tidy as ■■■■ she is

garnerlives:
if u go to any US bases, at mildenhall there is a right tidy fork lift driver, her name is…Brianna if memory serves me right, tidy as [zb] she is

Dont you mean his name is Brian :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:

garnerlives:
if u go to any US bases, at mildenhall there is a right tidy fork lift driver, her name is…Brianna if memory serves me right, tidy as [zb] she is

Dont you mean his name is Brian :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No I know what HER name is, I also know she is married to a big ■■■■ off huge black guy who is built like a brick outhouse, he is also in the USAF :frowning:

garnerlives:
No I know what HER name is, I also know she is married to a big [zb] off huge black guy who is built like a brick outhouse, he is also in the USAF :frowning:

how long did the bruising take to go down after his little “chat” with you :question: :wink:

had my induction and start on tues.

Its working for babcocks at long bennington near near and grantham that supply tyres to uk air bases uk wide. 1 night out in every 2 weeks on the west coast.

The driver role its self is with the defence agency. so kinda 2 compaines plus the driver agency im working for.

anyways, is nice.

Only downside is im told its always temp ongoing, as they dont seem to take the driver on perm ever for some reason.

But its a start, and at 9.50hr i cant complain.

Role on tues,

OOOOOOoh and no us air bases, so will have to find a uk lady lol

garnerlives:

there,s also a sniffer dog at the gatehouse which i called a few names after it ■■■■■■ on top of a load of highland spring water when
it was in the back of the trailer :imp: :imp: :imp: