advice needed

Hi to all on this great site, some good discussions and brilliant diaries. Anyway i’m in a bit of a pickle i live in the pas de Calais region of France and work in UK where i suffered an industrial injury last year that required an operation which i had two weeks ago. i’m out of action for the next 6 months, when according to the ‘experts’ i will be unlikely to return to my old job due to my injury and the Op only having 70% success rate. Previous job was engineering and quality control. Now i have to start looking for a job back on the road, which i have’nt got a problem with despite what i read, i spent 26 years driving tankers UK and tautliners to europe, also a fair bit of biking through europe.So question is who to approach for work, i have contacted TSA at St Omer and Norbert D, who both said it might be better to try there UK depots even though i live here and would prefer to work from here. But then the stumbling block of the language and the FIMA course needed. i am having lessons for the language. What sort of pay are long distance drivers getting now? There is a UK company that tips at a coldstore in Fruge near me,Davie Malcolm i was thinking of contacting them to see if a driver based here would be any use to them, any thoughts on this? Thats all folks, all the best

I think Gilles Lettard is back at ND ,Calais ,he used to be in charge of Norberts UK operations,it might pay you to talk to him.

thanks Kerbut i’ll give it a shot