norbert d

can anybody help pls, ive been offered a job with norbert on food tanks running out of santes northern france, home every weekend , loads of tank experience, and ive done a bit for the dutch and belgians,ive heard all th rumors ect , but can any one give me the real story with them , the money , conditions , any info will be a big help . rgds tony smith

If you’re contracted from an English depot,OK.
French salaries will give you a heart attack when you see them.
But taxes are not controlled by Brown (or Thatcher, when I left)
Expenses are tax free.Breakfast, dinner,evening meal & night-out money,is your’s to spend on what you want.
My advice is if you’re over 40,stay in that dump & get ripped off.
I’m 52 on a pension of 1,400euros a month.Hard life :open_mouth:

See if you can roust out Chris (Caveman), he used to work for Norbert. Left with dissatisfaction though I think.

If you are paid in Euro,s you are on a winner already with the exchange rate at present. I worked for Norbert at Tours for several years and found them fine,I was home most weekends and as I live in Brittany they would ship me back (if I hade done UK ) via St Malo and keep the truck at home .

I worked out of St Malo depot for over a year and was paid from Manchester, home every weekend BUT 16k for a years pay, i now work for a waste company home every night and get double that, you dont get euro night out money if your on a ferry overnight going one way (cant remember which way) and most importantly you get the privalage to do ALL the crap the french drivers dont want to do which is most of the time and mainly in the uk (central London etc etc) so spending more time in the UK means you only get UK night out money which was about £16 back then.

They used to send us down to take the trucks for M.O.T in St Malo knowing full well you couldnt speak much french, so that was entertaining when there was a frenchman under the truck telling you to dab the brakes etc etc in french.

To sum up in my opinion, i wouldnt work for them again as they wanted there moneys worth out of you but wouldnt give an inch on the money, wouldnt pay any extra for bank hols or sundays saying your paid on 6 cards a week.