ADR how long to get results

I did my adr on 28th sept, anyone know how long they take to come through?

takes about a fortnight.

vwgpmk2:
takes about a fortnight.

i phoned sqa yesterday and was told they havent been marked yet :cry:

maggieT:
I did my adr on 28th sept, anyone know how long they take to come through?

Hi maggieT, In normal circumstances, an ADR certificate can take up to four weeks to arrive.

It can depend on several variables though, the first of which is how long the exam papers were lying about at the provider before they were sent to SQA in Glasgow for marking. The rule is that the exam answer sheets must be sent within five working days from the date of the exam, so that could add nearly a week…

Then it would depend on how much of a backlog there is at the marking stage, because SQA only have a limited number of exam markers.
After the marking process, you’re in the lap of the gods at DVLA, Swansea.

:open_mouth: Then you’re at the mercy of the Post Office.

vwgpmk2:
takes about a fortnight.

Hi mate, if you got yours after a fortnight, I’d say that you did rather well… :smiley:

However, you can’t assume that everybody’s ADR certificate will take the same length of time if based on a single experience. :wink:

when i did my exam, a bloke came in who had failed his class 9, he recieved his failure after 2 days :exclamation:

maggieT:
when i did my exam, a bloke came in who had failed his class 9, he recieved his failure after 2 days :exclamation:

Hi MaggieT, That depends on how long the marking took to do…

The ADR provider (not necessarily the instructor) has more or less ‘instant’ access, via a secure area of the SQA website, to the results as soon as they are known. That wouldn’t involve DVLA, Swansea though.

Were your exams done on paper, or were they the ‘online’ version??

dieseldave:

maggieT:

Hi MaggieT, That depends on how long the marking took to do…

The ADR provider (not necessarily the instructor) has more or less ‘instant’ access, via a secure area of the SQA website, to the results as soon as they are known. That wouldn’t involve DVLA, Swansea though.

Were your exams done on paper, or were they the ‘online’ version??

good point, i did paper, some of the other classmates did online

when i did mine in april this year took about 2 weeks for to come back which i was a little surprised at tbh especially as easter was in the middle as well :laughing: :laughing:

so can be done but as Dave say there are variables

just hassled SQA and they looked into my file and said they recieved my paper on the 7th oct, i sat the exam on 28th sep, they said they could be marked next week :cry:

maggieT:
just hassled SQA and they looked into my file and said they recieved my paper on the 7th oct, i sat the exam on 28th sep, they said they could be marked next week :cry:

Hi maggieT, Are you sure that you sat an ADR exam on a Monday??

Or was 28th Sept the start date for your course?

dieseldave:

maggieT:

sorry mate, started adr on 28th mon took exam at 12pm on the weds

maggieT:

dieseldave:

maggieT:

A Wednesday is an unusual day to do an ADR exam too, but it is possible.

I’m guessing that you did some form of shortened course, maybe not covering all 7 normal UN Classes… ?

I’m also guessing that the whole course was timetabled as 5-days, so it’s possible that your exam paper didn’t leave the provider’s place until the Monday. If so, that’s well within the rules for running the course, and you’re well within the month allowed for SQA/DVLA to turn around the paperwork and issue your ADR licence.

I hope you passed. :smiley:

dieseldave:

maggieT:

dieseldave:

maggieT:

A Wednesday is an unusual day to do an ADR exam too, but it is possible.

I’m guessing that you did some form of shortened course, maybe not covering all 7 normal UN Classes… ?

I’m also guessing that the whole course was timetabled as 5-days, so it’s possible that your exam paper didn’t leave the provider’s place until the Monday. If so, that’s well within the rules for running the course, and you’re well within the month allowed for SQA/DVLA to turn around the paperwork and issue your ADR licence.

I hope you passed. :smiley:

NOTHING GETS PAST YOU, I ONLY DID CLASS 9 FOR ME BULKERS :laughing:

maggieT:

Aha… :wink:

Then you took 3 exams ■■ (Core, Packages and UN Class9 = 50 questions altogether) </Mystic Dave mode> :smiley:

dieseldave:

maggieT:

Aha… :wink:

Then you took 3 exams ■■ (Core, Packages and UN Class9 = 50 questions altogether) </Mystic Dave mode> :smiley:

yes :laughing: