ADR

Quick question guys, how long does it take for ADR results and card to come through? Done it 2 or 3 weeks back and there’s a few jobs going about just now. Then again what should I be looking for as a new pass ADR?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Your card should arrive in the next few days mate, as I think mine was 2 weeks. Best of luck on the job front…

sent via phone

I’m just assuming I passed though. Few jobs going around but to be honest only a couple with better rates than what I’m getting just now.

EddieMD:
… how long does it take for ADR results and card to come through?

Hi EddieMD,

The time needed for your ADR card to arrive will depend on which type of exams you took.

If you did the online exams, your ADR card will arrive any day now.

If you did your exams on paper, it’ll be up to 5 weeks, but please allow that the provider might not have posted the exams until the Monday following your course, then allow for the post to get to Glasgow before anybody at SQA even sees them.

You have the option to phone the ADR provider and ask whether the exams have been ‘resulted’ yet.
Half a dozen clicks of the provider’s mouse will get the results (if published yet) in less than 5 mins.

So I can find out if I passed even though I need to wait on my card? It was a paper exam I did.

Mine came in the post after 2 weeks. Almost chucked it away thinking it was one of them “free credit card” letters.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

[emoji16]

EddieMD:
So I can find out if I passed even though I need to wait on my card? It was a paper exam I did.

Sorry EddieMD, but there’s no easy way to say this…

from above:
You have the option to phone the ADR provider and ask whether the exams have been ‘resulted’ yet.
Half a dozen clicks of the provider’s mouse will get the results (if published yet) in less than 5 mins.

I hope this helps. :smiley:

Just as well I’m the patient type… [emoji57]

Unfortunately if you fail all the exams you take or only pass Core you will not receive anything through the post, you will need to contact where you did your training and they will receive your results.

Ahh

Just phoned and they just got results through…passes all classes and tanks…and of course core as well!!
[emoji2] [emoji2]

EddieMD:
Just phoned and they just got results through…passes all classes and tanks…and of course core as well!!
[emoji2] [emoji2]

Hi there
What was the exam like? I’m looking at ADR but worried that I won’t pass the exam and basically waste my money?

Any advice would be very welcomed.

Cheers Andy

Nighthawk.:

EddieMD:
[emoji2] [emoji2]

Hi there
What was the exam like? I’m looking at ADR but worried that I won’t pass the exam and basically waste my money?

Cheers Andy

The course to begin was a bit overwhelming but I picked up the info without even knowing it.
As for the exam I just took my time (which there’s plenty of), I read the questions (some answers can be found in other questions) and didn’t panic to be honest. I was nervous but looking back I knew more than I thought I did. The instructor was good in my opinion and would go back if anyone raised any questions or didn’t quite understand anything…which I did frequently…lol!

It’s ALL multiple choice too!

Nighthawk.:
Hi there

Hi Nighthawk,

You’ve had a good answer from Eddie, but I can give you some other insight…

The ADR exams are designed to test the knowledge that you were given during the course, it’s as simple as that!!

My advice to anybody taking an ADR course is that you listen carefully to the instructor, then ask any (on-topic) questions the minute you think you’ve not understood something.
I’d also suggest that you take notes during the course, because many people find that it helps when you’ve written something yourself.

:bulb: The guy who fails to understand something and keeps his head down during the course still won’t know the answer on exam day. :wink:

You also have me here if you think you’re getting stuck!! :smiley:

Cheers for the info guys.
Just fear shelling out that money & coming away empty handed.

Nighthawk.:
… Just fear shelling out that money & coming away empty handed.

Hi Nighthawk,

It is possible to fail an ADR exam, but (in my experience) it’s quite rare.

The rules for failed exams are…

All exams that you pass are ‘banked,’ (= kept safe for you) so you only re-sit the exam(s) that you failed.
Depending on the way that the provider has timetabled the course, it might be possible to do a re-sit the same day if it’s the online exams. However, this is at the provider’s discretion.
If it’s a paper based exam that’s been failed, the exam candidate needing a re-sit opportunity would probably have to wait until the exam day on the next course that the provider runs, usually about a month.

Some common reasons for failing the exam(s.)

The exam candidate thinks they know more than the instructor.
The exam candidate prefers to believe their mate in the RDC waiting room, rather than the instructor.
The exam candidate failed to ask the instructor for a better explanation if they didn’t understand something, then kept their head down.
The exam candidate was slyly texting/playing games or messing about on Facebook during lessons.
The exam candidate was chattering to the guy sitting next to him/her during lessons.

There are other reasons too, but you’ve probably spotted that all of the above start with “the exam candidate,” so I’d advise anybody that their approach to the course and their willingness to actually participate could have quite an influence on the outcome.