ADR results

Took my ADR 7 weeks ago still waiting for results. How long should it take? SQA are the examination board.

Had my results after only 7 ish days!

SWEDBRIT:
Took my ADR 7 weeks ago still waiting for results. How long should it take? SQA are the examination board.

Hi SWEDBRIT,

Normally, the process of marking the ADR exam papers and you receiving your ADR card should take up to 5 weeks.

Sometimes, delays can happen for a variety of reasons…

1. Your photo was unacceptable for some reason.
  2. Details supplied by you on the form(s) were incorrect.
  3. You failed one (or more) exam(s.)
  4. The ADR provider made an administrative error of some kind.
  5. SQA are experiencing an unusually heavy volume of courses to mark.
  6. SQA have made an error at their end, which DOES sometimes happen.
  7. (If you are a refresher candidate) There may be some doubt as to your previous expiry date.

The best advice I can give you is to suggest that you contact the provider with whom you took your course.

I hope you get your ADR card soon. :smiley:

Give the DVLA a ring to see if your certificate was issued !

Kerbdog:

Kerbdog,

DVLA no longer issue ADR certificates.

Instead, SQA now issue ADR photo-cards.

There aren’t really any options for this, the OP should get in touch with the provider with whom he took his ADR course, because nobody else can give the actual answer to his question.

Sorry to hijack thread…

Dave, can you answer this question?

One of my drivers ADR cert runs out at the end of May 2013. He took his ADR in February, passed all parts and has got his card back. However, the expiry date now says February 2018? He took his tanks as well which he did not have before, so is this why it doesn’t last till May 2018?

I was on the understanding if your ADR lasted till December 2013 for example and you retook it on 1st January 2013 and passed it would be valid till December 2018 as you can retake a year before it runs out and still enjoy the grace period, am I wrong?

dieseldave:

Kerbdog:

Kerbdog,

There aren’t really any options for this, the OP should get in touch with the provider with whom he took his ADR course, because nobody else can give the actual answer to his question.

Dave will SQA issue me with a ADR Card or will my certificate be suffient until it needs renewed?

Dave i know that to be true but i thought they still know whether youve been issued with one ? When you change address with the dvla your adr comes automatically too, so they should know shouldnt they ?

Kerbdog:
Dave i know that to be true but i thought they still know whether youve been issued with one ? When you change address with the dvla your adr comes automatically too, so they should know shouldnt they ?

Kerbdog does that mean ill get a new adr card then as ive recently changed address?

dazamc1983:

dieseldave:

Kerbdog:

Kerbdog,

Dave will SQA issue me with a ADR Card or will my certificate be suffient until it needs renewed?

A paper ADR certificate remains valid until its expiry date, so you don’t need to take any action.

theonlybigman:
Sorry to hijack thread…

One of my drivers ADR cert runs out at the end of May 2013. He took his ADR in February, passed all parts and has got his card back. However, the expiry date now says February 2018? He took his tanks as well which he did not have before, so is this why it doesn’t last till May 2018?

There are several possible reasos for this.

1.) The driver didn’t identify himself to the instructor as a refresher candidate.
2.) The driver didn’t produce a valid ADR certificate to the instructor for checking.
3.) The instructor put an “X” in the wrong box at the bottom of the driver’s ADR course registration form.
4.) The admin person at the provider doing the upload to the SQA site forgot to mark the driver as a refresher in the relevant drop-down box in the provider’s ‘register candidates’ page.
5.) SQA have made an administrative error of some kind. (This does sometimes happen.)

My advice is that you contact the ADR provider with whom you booked the course.

theonlybigman:
I was on the understanding if your ADR lasted till December 2013 for example and you retook it on 1st January 2013 and passed it would be valid till December 2018 as you can retake a year before it runs out and still enjoy the grace period, am I wrong?

Your understanding is correct.

However, the refresher criteria of “within the last year” and “NOT within the last five weeks” are very strictly adhered to by SQA.
:bulb: If the candidate was not quite within the last year (ie, he had more than a year left) then he’s effectively done a re-set, which would mean that the present expiry date is correct.

Whether he added “tanks” this time around would have no bearing to the above, except that the instructor should have put an “X” in the “refresher plus additional box,” and that should then be mirrored by the admin person submitting the details to SQA, and of course by SQA themselves.

Inputting the various types of info for a large class of candidates can lead to unintentional human-error type mistakes. :blush:

dieseldave:

theonlybigman:
Sorry to hijack thread…

There are several possible reasos for this.

1.) The driver didn’t identify himself to the instructor as a refresher candidate.
2.) The driver didn’t produce a valid ADR certificate to the instructor for checking.
3.) The instructor put an “X” in the wrong box at the bottom of the driver’s ADR course registration form.
4.) The admin person at the provider doing the upload to the SQA site forgot to mark the driver as a refresher in the relevant drop-down box in the provider’s ‘register candidates’ page.
5.) SQA have made an administrative error of some kind. (This does sometimes happen.)

My advice is that you contact the ADR provider with whom you booked the course.

theonlybigman:

Your understanding is correct.

However, the refresher criteria of “within the last year” and “NOT within the last five weeks” are very strictly adhered to by SQA.
:bulb: If the candidate was not quite within the last year (ie, he had more than a year left) then he’s effectively done a re-set, which would mean that the present expiry date is correct.

Whether he added “tanks” this time around would have no bearing to the above, except that the instructor should have put an “X” in the “refresher plus additional box,” and that should then be mirrored by the admin person submitting the details to SQA, and of course by SQA themselves.

Inputting the various types of info for a large class of candidates can lead to unintentional human-error type mistakes. :blush:

Dave…very informative as always and good to hear before I let it go by too long and question with the training provider. Thanks again matey :slight_smile: :slight_smile: