ADR Expired in Jan 2021, has it gone?

I know ADR refreshers are not available/valid after the expiry, but has there been any extensions in validity because of the pandemic?

Not that long! They have just announced an extension for any expiring between now and 31st December will be valid until 31st January 2022, but nothing that expires before that

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Terry Cooksey:
Not that long! They have just announced an extension for any expiring between now and 31st December will be valid until 31st January 2022, but nothing that expires before that

Dang, was hoping there’d be an extension during the pandemic, I’m returning to the industry after a suspension on medical grounds.

There were a couple of extensions last year, there had to be as classroom-based training was basically banned during most of 2020. Since the classrooms have opened up again there hasn’t been any extensions. I’m not sure why the new one has been announced, but I’d suspect its probably because of the fuel crisis and wanting to keep as many drivers on the road as possible until they got it all sorted and supply back to normal

NoobieDriver:
I know ADR refreshers are not available/valid after the expiry, but has there been any extensions in validity because of the pandemic?

Yes, there is an extension, but it must be read carefully…

For those to whom this applies, this is the important part:

,snip> … [ADR] training certificates the validity of which ends between 27 September 2021 and 31 December 2021 remain valid until 31 January 2022.

This bit is also important:

A copy of this authorisation shall be held by the driver during the carriage of dangerous goods together with their expired ADR driver training certificate.

So, the Authorisation will only be valid for those whose ADR card expires within the dates given.
If you fit the criteria, then you must have a copy of the Authorisation together with your expired ADR card on board the vehicle.

To download a copy, here’s the link:

DfT Authorisation 990