Renewing ADR Licence

Hi, I wonder if anyone could answer a quick question for me:

I’m due to leave the military in less than 12 months. My ADR runs out in 19 months.

There is a new ADR course coming up soon so this is probably my last chance to get it renewed in the military.
I know you are supposed to have less than 12 months left to get a new ADR.
So can i do it again now? With 19 months left on my current one?

It’s a full course. Not a refresher because there will be people on it that have never held ADR before.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

michaelmalkin89:

I’m due to leave the military in less than 12 months. My ADR runs out in 19 months.

There is a new ADR course coming up soon so this is probably my last chance to get it renewed in the military.

It’s a full course. Not a refresher because there will be people on it that have never held ADR before.

Hi Michael,

Yes, you can renew your ADR anytime.

You will effectively be doing a “re-setting” of your ADR licence for 5 years, but without the benefit of having the unexpired portion of your old ADR licence being added to the 5 year validity of your new ADR licence because that can only happen if you have less than one year left (as you said,) but more than 5 weeks.

If it suits you better, you can probably get an ADR course as part of your resettlement.

dieseldave:

michaelmalkin89:

Hi Michael,

You will effectively be doing a “re-setting” of your ADR licence for 5 years, but without the benefit of having the unexpired portion of your old ADR licence being added to the 5 year validity of your new ADR licence because that can only happen if you have less than one year left (as you said,) but more than 5 weeks.

If it suits you better, you can probably get an ADR course as part of your resettlement.

As I thought. Somebody had said otherwise. Thanks for the clarification!

You’re right, I could do it as resettlement but if I can get this under my belt now then it leaves my resettlement funds untouched. Gotta play the game [WINKING FACE]

Cheers!

michaelmalkin89:

dieseldave:

michaelmalkin89:

Hi Michael,

As I thought. Somebody had said otherwise. Thanks for the clarification!

You’re right, I could do it as resettlement but if I can get this under my belt now then it leaves my resettlement funds untouched. Gotta play the game [WINKING FACE]

Cheers!

Hi Michael,

You’re spot on mate, but the military might not give you UN Class 1 seeing as you’re coming out… then again, there’s not that much need for it in civvy street.

The rest of ADR is ok though and a potential advantage in the job hunt. :smiley: