ADR Expiry

I did my ADR refresh back in November 2015 and the CPC upload date confirms this was the case. My ADR licence however states that it is valid until 28.02.16. Why is this?

Lusk:
I did my ADR refresh back in November 2015 and the CPC upload date confirms this was the case. My ADR licence however states that it is valid until 28.02.16. Why is this?

Hi Lusk,

I’m guessing that you mean the ‘new’ ADR card that came approx. 3weeks ish after you took your exmas?

If my guess is correct, then SQA have clearly made a boo-boo (other expressions are available :wink: ) so I’d suggest that your course of action is to contact the provider with whom you took your course. The provider has instant access to the relevant people at SQA who will look into it and issue you with a new replacement photocard (for free.)

I’m sorry it’s happened to you mate, but TBF, it is quite rare. :cry:

dieseldave:

Lusk:

Hi Lusk,

I’m guessing that you mean the ‘new’ ADR card that came approx. 3weeks ish after you took your exmas?

If my guess is correct, then SQA have clearly made a boo-boo (other expressions are available :wink: ) so I’d suggest that your course of action is to contact the provider with whom you took your course. The provider has instant access to the relevant people at SQA who will look into it and issue you with a new replacement photocard (for free.)

I’m sorry it’s happened to you mate, but TBF, it is quite rare. :cry:

Thanks for the reply Dave.

What Photocard :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ?

All I’ve got is the paper licence! (I don’t use the ADR anymore but I don’t like to relinquish such things as you never know when you may need them).

Lusk:
Thanks for the reply Dave.

What Photocard :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ?

All I’ve got is the paper licence! (I don’t use the ADR anymore but I don’t like to relinquish such things as you never know when you may need them).

I’m thinking that your ADR photocard hasn’t come through yet. :wink:

If you have the facility of checking your own DCPC, then a DCPC 7hr upload will show up on the DVLA website in a much quicker time, because there’s no need to mark exams and make a new photocard each time an upload is done.

Officially, SQA have up to 5 weeks from the date of your ADR exams to turn it all around and send you your new ADR photocard, which must additionally include the unexpired portion of your existing ADR licence.

As a legal point, you can still drive when carrying an ADR regulated load, even though your new photocard hasn’t arrived yet, because you still have a valid ADR licence to carry on board the vehicle.

Lusk:
I did my ADR refresh back in November 2015

Really :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: how when we are in September of 2015 :question: :question: or have I missed something

animal:

Lusk:
I did my ADR refresh back in November 2015

Really :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: how when we are in September of 2015 :question: :question: or have I missed something

Sorry…try November 2010

Lusk:
Sorry…try November 2010

:open_mouth: And you’ve only just realised that it hasn’t arrived…?

From what I’m guessing so far, the missing ADR licence will be almost expired when you get the replacement. :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: I think it’s maybe time that we should we start again…

On which date did you take your last lot of ADR exams? (dd/mm/yyyy)

I always try to help, but this is like using a net to catch fog. :grimacing:

Lusk:
I did my ADR refresh back in November 2010 and the CPC upload date confirms this was the case. My ADR licence however states that it is valid until 28.02.16. Why is this?

Could this be because the expiry date prior to the exams being taken in Nov 2010 was 28 02 11 and when the exams in Nov 2010 were taken the 5 years gets added to the 2011 expiry date :question: - or does it not work that way :question:

ROG:

Lusk:
I did my ADR refresh back in November 2010 and the CPC upload date confirms this was the case. My ADR licence however states that it is valid until 28.02.16. Why is this?

Could this be because the expiry date prior to the exams being taken in Nov 2010 was 28 02 11 and when the exams in Nov 2010 were taken the 5 years gets added to the 2011 expiry date :question: - or does it not work that way :question:

ROG,

This may be the answer^^^

ADR refresher rules:
A candidate who already holds a valid ADR licence is allowed to ‘refresh’ their ADR licence in the following circumstances, BOTH of which must be met:

1.) There MUST be less than 12 months of validity remaining
2.) There MUST be more than 5 weeks of validity remaining

:bulb: Effectively, this means that there is a 10months and 3weeks window of opportunity to ‘refresh’ an existing ADR licence.

If the above is met, the candidate is allowed to ‘refresh’ by sitting EITHER a refresher ADR course OR an initial ADR course.

Upon successful completion of EITHER a refresher ADR course OR an initial ADR course, the remaining unexpired time on the candidate’s ‘old’ ADR licence will be ADDED to the 5year validity of the ‘new’ ADR licence.

When I last renewed my own ADR licence, the ‘new’ one came back valid for 5years and 7months, and all perfectly legal. :smiley:

dieseldave:
When I last renewed my own ADR licence, the ‘new’ one came back valid for 5years and 7months, and all perfectly legal

So the expiry date in Feb 2016 could easily be correct even though the last exam was done in Nov 2010 = ta :smiley: