ADR online (mostly)

Looks like - for a limited time only - you’ll very soon be able to do your ADR lessons online (but not just yet). You’ll still have to go into the training provider’s offices to do the exams though, for reasons which are hopefully obvious.

I’d like to know where you’ve gotten your information from, as all I’ve heard is that current certificates due to expire before 1st February 2021 will be extended til that date, with refreshers needing to have been completed before 28th February 2021.
Can’t see them allowing full courses online because candidates have to complete practical assessments (such as first aid or fire extinguishing) in order to complete the course, and this will not be possible outside of a classroom

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Zac_A:
Looks like - for a limited time only - you’ll very soon be able to do your ADR lessons online (but not just yet). You’ll still have to go into the training provider’s offices to do the exams though, for reasons which are hopefully obvious.

Will it all be online? Thinking of doing my adr and if i don’t have book time off at current employer and can do it when i finish would be massive

Sent from my PAR-TL20 using Tapatalk

CookieMonster:
I’d like to know where you’ve gotten your information from, as all I’ve heard is that current certificates due to expire before 1st February 2021 will be extended til that date, with refreshers needing to have been completed before 28th February 2021.
Can’t see them allowing full courses online because candidates have to complete practical assessments (such as first aid or fire extinguishing) in order to complete the course, and this will not be possible outside of a classroom

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Zac is correct.

A new MoP is in force, from which I quote a small chunk.

The source is SQA. Dated 09/11/2020.

The SQA Manual of Practice:
"Appendix F: ADR Remote Delivery

The facility to provide remote training is available for approved training providers to deliver online ADR training.

All ADR examinations must still be facilitated at a training provider premises, specifically approved sites in the usual way; ADR examinations are not permitted to be completed remotely. Approved training providers are encouraged to deliver on-line examinations where possible however paperbased examinations will be accepted.

Practical modules within the training programme are permitted to be delivered via demonstration by the trainer only and must be accompanied with a written question and answer session to test the candidate’s knowledge."

It’s on pages 84 - 87 inc.

You’re correct about the newly extended extension for refresher candidates, it stems from the UK ( = the DfT) signing up to M330, which several other ADR countries have also signed.