Quick question on ADR

I’m doing my ADR initial in a couple of weeks - core, packages & 2-6,8&9. As I understand it, when I pass it will be valid for 5 years.

If I then do, for example, tanks, or 1 or 7 next year, what then happens WRT expiry? Do these additional bits expire 2019, as per the Core, or do they have their own expiry?

Thanks

Gary

So far as I’m aware, they will all expire at the same time. Ive held my ADR since 2001, and it’s always been like that. A mate of mine joined my company a couple of years ago when he already held his class 4, for just over a year, but when he had to do all the other classes and got his new licence back, his new classes then expired at the same time as his original class 4. Bit of a rip of I think? And i could be very slightly wrong? But thats how i remember it.

The other reason why i think im right in what i said, is when i did my refresher a few months before my licence expired, my new one came back with the start date when i passed, not the start date from when my old on expired. So i had 2 licenses for a little while.

Extra classes get added to the current core expiry date - I remember DD saying that some time ago

Yep, as others have said, all expire when your core does

scaniason:
I’m doing my ADR initial in a couple of weeks - core, packages & 2-6,8&9. As I understand it, when I pass it will be valid for 5 years.

If I then do, for example, tanks, or 1 or 7 next year, what then happens WRT expiry? Do these additional bits expire 2019, as per the Core, or do they have their own expiry?

Thanks

Gary

Hi Gary,

The deciding factor is the date that the core module was done.

If you take any additional modules, they will expire at the time of the original core module to which they are attached.

tennantjon:
The other reason why i think im right in what i said, is when i did my refresher a few months before my licence expired, my new one came back with the start date when i passed, not the start date from when my old on expired. So i had 2 licenses for a little while.

Hi tennantjon,

If you correctly meet the refresher requirements, then your new certificate should include the unexpired (remaining) portion of your old certificate.

The refresher requirements are that you take your refresher within the last year of validity of your old certificate, but NOT within the last 5 weeks.

If you meet those requirements and the unexpired portion of your old certificate wasn’t added to your new one, then you should take this up with the provider where you took your course. If you produced your old ADR certificate to the instructor on day #1 of the course you attended, he’ll be able to certify that he’s seen it, then the provider can get it sorted for you.

It’s an easily corrected administrative error that happens now and again.

tennantjon:
Bit of a rip of I think?

Hi tennantjon,

The ADR core module contains all the stuff that could change during the validity of the ADR certificate.

:bulb: Please consider how adding an extra class near the end of the validity of somebody’s ADR certificate would update and refresh that knowledge?

tennantjon:
And i could be very slightly wrong? But thats how i remember it.

Your memory isn’t wrong mate. :wink:

Thanks for the replies everybody - I thought the Core module would be the decider. Looking forward to getting stuck into it now!

Gary