Doing ADR course this week

I’m doing ADR course this week then it’s out looking for work.

Tonightok777:

Good luck…if it’s JAUPT approved that’s a few days of DCPC you don’t need to do…

Yes it is so 21 hours go to DCPC I have done seven hours so it will just leave me seven hours booked for 1 feb then got 35 hours and fingers crossed ADR…

Tonightok777:

Hi Tonightok777,

Depending on which ADR provider you have chosen, you’ll need to reckon on up to 5 weeks until your new ADR card arrives from Glasgow.

That’s unless you’re a refresher, in which case you can carry on as normal by using your current ticket.

Good luck in your exams, and please don’t hesitate to ask if you get stuck with any of it cos I’ll be here to help. :smiley:

This offer isn’t valid on exam day! :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

Thanks ,don’t mind waiting for ADR card to come as long as I pass…

Is it right the ADR only lasts 5 years now then you have to re-do the whole lot again rather than refresher training?

truckster5:
Is it right the ADR only lasts 5 years now then you have to re-do the whole lot again rather than refresher training?

Ummm…not as far as I’ve been told. It’s still a refresher course if taken before the expiry date of your current ADR licence.

It lasts five years. There is no difference between and initial course and a refresher. It’s the same syllabus, when the card is issued it will run from when your old one expired. Provided you completed your refresher training within the time frame stipulated on your reminder letter. So yes, you have to do it all again!
At least that’s how it was when I was teaching ADR from 2001-2006.

Brucewillis:
It lasts five years. There is no difference between and initial course and a refresher. It’s the same syllabus, when the card is issued it will run from when your old one expired. Provided you completed your refresher training within the time frame stipulated on your reminder letter. So yes, you have to do it all again!
At least that’s how it was when I was teaching ADR from 2001-2006.

Hi BW,

We have some overlap then… I started in 2003 - and still at it.

You’re spot on about the syllabus, but a refresher is done in approx half of the normal time. For the candidates, this means that they’re getting the info at approx double speed. :open_mouth:

My advice to refresher candidates is that they take an initial course as a refresher candidate, then they still get the unexpired portion of their old ticket added to the new one. They can also get 21 DCPC hrs too, whereas they can only get 7 DCPC hrs for a refresher.

DD,
I was involved in training for military and MOD staff, we only ever did the initial course, that had people doing refresher loaded onto it.

I did a few courses for a civ trg provider for a while, but to be honest they just wanted money off people. They weren’t interested in the quality of the trg!

Brucewillis:
DD,
I was involved in training for military and MOD staff, we only ever did the initial course, that had people doing refresher loaded onto it.

I did a few courses for a civ trg provider for a while, but to be honest they just wanted money off people. They weren’t interested in the quality of the trg!

Hi BW,

I’ve noticed that about civvy providers too, but there are some exceptions.

I’ve never taught ADR for the military, but I’ve taught lots of guys doing their resettlement.

I wonder what the OP thought of his course?