ADR refresher - would I qualify?

I took my full ADR in the forces in 99 but never kept it on, would I need to redo it all or could I do a refresher, would the the refresh count towards DCPC ?

I think you will have to do FULL course from scratch … if you do all tanks / packages you can get 21 hrs towards DCPC … think they usually charge fee to get it included.

Diesel Dave will be along shortly to put me right ( if i’ver got it wrong :blush: ) :laughing: :laughing:

Hi guys,

As the Rustler says…You will have to do the entire course again, you can only put in for a refresher when you are in the last year of your ADR Cert ie: year 4 to run out date.

If you pass 5 years and it completely expires correct me if i am wrong i believe its a full course refresher is if it hasnt expired but close to it dieseldave is the adr man here

Ok, thanks guys, won’t bother then as not a huge call for ADR in my area which is why I let it go in the first place :frowning:

If you do your ADR, don’t forget you can count some of those hours against your DCPC as long as the Instructor is under the scope of JAUPUT.

As always, Diesel Dave is the expert, just hang on till he gets a chance to reply.

W

Phantom Mark:
I took my full ADR in the forces in 99 but never kept it on, would I need to redo it all or could I do a refresher, would the the refresh count towards DCPC ?

Hi Phantom Mark,

You can only do an ADR refresher if your ADR certificate is within the last year of its validity, but not if there’s less than 5 weeks validity remaining.

An ADR refresher course can count as 7 hours for DCPC purposes, but it’s not automatic.

JJ192:
If you pass 5 years and it completely expires correct me if i am wrong i believe its a full course refresher is if it hasnt expired but close to it dieseldave is the adr man here

Hi JJ192,

Spot-on mate. :smiley:

But they won’t allow you to refresh if there’s less than 5 weeks left on the current ADR certificate.

The Rustler:
I think you will have to do FULL course from scratch … if you do all tanks / packages you can get 21 hrs towards DCPC … think they usually charge fee to get it included.

Diesel Dave will be along shortly to put me right ( if i’ver got it wrong :blush: ) :laughing: :laughing:

Hi The Rustler,

dieseldave:

The Rustler:

Hi The Rustler,

Thanks Dave … that’s made me :laughing: … cheered me up as had a rubbish week … messed about by another poxy agency :unamused:

AlexWignall:
If you do your ADR, don’t forget you can count some of those hours against your DCPC as long as the Instructor is under the scope of JAUPUT.

As always, Diesel Dave is the expert, just hang on till he gets a chance to reply.

W

Hi Alex,

Also spot-on.

An initial ADR course can count for 7, 14, 21 or 28 DCPC hours, depending on how the provider has registered it with JAUPT. Unfortunately, an ADR refresher can only count for 7 DCPC hours.

Thanks again :wink:

dieseldave:

AlexWignall:

W

Hi Alex,

Also spot-on.

An initial ADR course can count for 7, 14, 21 or 28 DCPC hours, depending on how the provider has registered it with JAUPT. Unfortunately, an ADR refresher can only count for 7 DCPC hours.

Ah, if that’s the case it might be worth letting my ADR lapse in 2014? I don’t really use it but I like to have it because it’s a worthwhile qualification.

My DCPC card expires in 2019 and I did plan to combine both courses in the future.

What do you think Dave?

W

AlexWignall:

dieseldave:

AlexWignall:

W

Hi Alex,

Also spot-on.

Ah, if that’s the case it might be worth letting my ADR lapse in 2014? I don’t really use it but I like to have it because it’s a worthwhile qualification.

My DCPC card expires in 2019 and I did plan to combine both courses in the future.

What do you think Dave?

W

Hi Alex,

You’re spot-on again mate. :smiley:

As the rules currently stand, you could do an initial ADR course after September 2014 and cop for the relevant number of DCPC hours for the period after 2019.

A few training providers have a DCPC approved ADR+ course which is worth 35 hours of periodic dcpc

The ‘basic’ 3.5 days counting for 21 hours, the tanks bit counting for 7 hours and then they add on two half days after the tanks bit which may be on drivers hours etc etc

Those courses often start on a Monday morning and finish on Saturday lunchtime

Evening folks,

Asking for a friend, so this information and just wanted to make the information provided on here is still correct.

Any way, said friend has let his ADR expire (2008) and was wanting to know if he would need to do a full 5 day course again or could he just do a refresher.

From what I have read on this thread, it’s a resit the whole lot but get some dcpc hours for it?

Thanks

sinclair89:
Evening folks,

Asking for a friend, so this information and just wanted to make the information provided on here is still correct.

Any way, said friend has let his ADR expire (2008) and was wanting to know if he would need to do a full 5 day course again or could he just do a refresher.

From what I have read on this thread, it’s a resit the whole lot but get some dcpc hours for it?

Thanks

He would need to do the full course again as he let it expire. If the place he does it is approved with jaupt then yes it would count for 7 hours per day worth of CPC credit. If doing the 5 day course he would get 28 hours worth, the test day wont count as its not training. There is normally a fee to have it credited as CPC too.

des-c:

sinclair89:
Evening folks,

Thanks

He would need to do the full course again as he let it expire. If the place he does it is approved with jaupt then yes it would count for 7 hours per day worth of CPC credit. If doing the 5 day course he would get 28 hours worth, the test day wont count as its not training. There is normally a fee to have it credited as CPC too.

Cheers Des

Not certain the full 5 days gets 28 hours - I think its now only 21 for the first full 3 days

DD will confirm

ROG:
Not certain the full 5 days gets 28 hours - I think its now only 21 for the first full 3 days

DD will confirm

I got 28 hours credit 3 weeks ago for it :slight_smile: It showed up on CPC check as 21 hours and another 7 for tanks.