ADR refresher - would I qualify?

des-c:

ROG:
Not certain the full 5 days gets 28 hours - I think its now only 21 for the first full 3 days

DD will confirm

I got 28 hours credit 3 weeks ago for it :slight_smile: It showed up on CPC check as 21 hours and another 7 for tanks.

I thought JAUPT had stopped approving the tanks module :question:

ROG:

des-c:

ROG:
Not certain the full 5 days gets 28 hours - I think its now only 21 for the first full 3 days

DD will confirm

I got 28 hours credit 3 weeks ago for it :slight_smile: It showed up on CPC check as 21 hours and another 7 for tanks.

I thought JAUPT had stopped approving the tanks module :question:

Donā€™t know for sure ROG. They said I would get 28 hours when I booked it, and it shows up online as 7 for the tanks so not complaining :smiley:

dieseldave:

JJ192:
If you pass 5 years and it completely expires correct me if i am wrong i believe its a full course refresher is if it hasnt expired but close to it dieseldave is the adr man here

Hi JJ192,

Spot-on mate. :smiley:

But they wonā€™t allow you to refresh if thereā€™s less than 5 weeks left on the current ADR certificate.

Dave
mine runs out in a couple of months, could you advise what is involved in doing the refresher course and how many days it is?
I have never used mine much apart from the odd load of fertilizer though I am covered for tanks I have never done owt with tanks
cheers moose

sinclair89:
Evening folks,

Asking for a friend, so this information and just wanted to make the information provided on here is still correct.

Any way, said friend has let his ADR expire (2008) and was wanting to know if he would need to do a full 5 day course again or could he just do a refresher.

From what I have read on this thread, itā€™s a resit the whole lot but get some dcpc hours for it?

Thanks

Hi sinclair89,
All the info above is correct, nothing has changed. :smiley:

To be eligible for refreshing, a candidateā€™s ADR entitlement must be within the last year of validity, but NOT within the last 5 weeks.

Moose:
Dave
mine runs out in a couple of months, could you advise what is involved in doing the refresher course and how many days it is?
I have never used mine much apart from the odd load of fertilizer though I am covered for tanks I have never done owt with tanks
cheers moose

Hi Moose,

You have two options:

Option #1, Take a refresher (only) course

• If you take a refresher ADR course, youā€™ll get the lessons at double speed, because it has to be completed in approx. half of the normal time.
  • Only the entitlements on your current ADR licence can be refreshed.
  • The fail rate for exams is higher for refresher courses.
  • You can only get 7hrs DCPC for this.
  • You get the unexpired portion of your present ADR added to your new 5yr entitlement.
  • You can save money by leaving out the tanker module if you wish.
  • You only get one shot at a refresher.

Option #2 take an initial course as a refresher candidate

• Lessons come at normal speed.
  • You still ā€˜refresh,ā€™ but you can take additional modules if you wish.
  • There is a much better chance of passing the exams.
  • you can get 21/28 hours DCPC for this, depending on which ADR modules you choose.
  • You can save money by leaving out the tanker module if you wish.

Bonus

• You STILL get the unexpired portion of your present ADR added to your new 5yr entitlement.

thanks Dave, still donā€™t know what to do, having not used the thing much I will have forgot quite a lot so it might be best to do a few more days, will try to sort something in the next few days as it runs out 19-5-2015

Thanks DD

:smiley:

The other reason you might choose the full ADR course is to get 21 dcpc hours if the course is dcpc approved

An approved dcpc ADR refresher only gets 7 hours