Accident M6 NTHBound

yesterday. Just after this one was another trailer, a TNT one i think, anyone know what happened?

Did he reverse under a low bridge?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jammymutt:
Did he reverse under a low bridge?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thats what i thought, the other one about 500yds up was the same, i didn’t see a mark on the road or anywhere, it just looked like they’d both had giant bricks dropped on them?

Hygena flat pack trailers…

Where exactly was this?

I thought the same but didn’t want to say it incase someone knew the driver and he wasn’t ok!! It was M6 northbound by jnc15 yesterday morning, i passedabout 9am, but someone said the accident happened about 5am ?

:blush: Good point,engage brain before comment next time.

There seems to have been quite a few problems/closures on the M6 lately,i wonder if m-way accidents increase during the holiday season.

I was on M6 yesterday for TNT just glad it was not me …

hope they are both fit and well …can be a …it job this sometimes :cry:

So what do folks reckon caused the trailer to end up looking like that then? :confused:

Even I can’t come up with anything plausible for that :confused: .

Looks like it has been rolled and uprighted agaijn at a guess :astonished: :astonished:

Just phoned my mate who is a driver at Howden but he was off yesterday so hasn’t heard owt yet. Reckons it’s probably one of the Poles from the Runcorn factory. They’ve got a habit of bending motors and several have hit bridges.

thecoder0:
Looks like it has been rolled and uprighted agaijn at a guess :astonished: :astonished:

Looking at the bent roof on the unit you may be right.

The TNT trailer is back at Atherstone now, in a slightly better state than the hygena one - will see if it is there tomorrow and get a couple of pics when I get back into the yard.

According to the TM it was one of the subbies pulling it, sounds like he unit got away ok - according to them at least. Been a bad week - watched another subbie smack a moron car driver who tried to undertake leaving the gate @ Kingsbury on Monday, and another agency driver managed to spin out in Northampton and put his unit on the bank… …

G

The hygena driver is ok and as far as i know the other driver is.

Conor:
Just phoned my mate who is a driver at Howden but he was off yesterday so hasn’t heard owt yet. Reckons it’s probably one of the Poles from the Runcorn factory. They’ve got a habit of bending motors and several have hit bridges.

theres no poles driving out of runcorn mate think our howden driver is talking out of his hoop

Yep its one of Runcorn trailers, I know coz I work there with Dave L.
Our driver was stopped on hard shoulder when TNT took the side out and the cab roof. Now accordin to our driver it was yep youve guessed a POLE drivin the TNT.

Paul

Rob K:
So what do folks reckon caused the trailer to end up looking like that then? :confused:

Even I can’t come up with anything plausible for that :confused: .

From the crumpling of the roof, it’s almost certainly been hit from behind somehow. Virtually all of the force has come from the rear of the trailer. If it had rolled it would have pushed the roof sideways more.

It’s also pushed in further on the offside than the nearside

As Paul said, I’d guess that someone just caught the offside rear corner of the trailer.

Paul:
Now accordin to our driver it was yep youve guessed a POLE drivin the TNT.

This may be true, but I do have to wonder whether it’s just drivers hearing what they want to here…

Couldn’t get pictures of the trailer - they shifted it out of Atherstone too quickly, front n/s headboard was pretty much gone and the whole thing was split down the nearside. According to the TM the only damage to the subbies unit was mirrors, from what I heard Paul’s version of events was correct.

If it was a Polish driver then it is one of the very few - the drivers names are all up on the monitors, the only name I recognise as being Polish belongs to a driver I would have sworn was English (and it wasn’t him) !!!

G

Gazzareth:
According to the TM the only damage to the subbies unit was mirrors, from what I heard Paul’s version of events was correct.

I’d back that up as well, i seen the TNT unit and it looked fine to me. Makes you wonder if the ruts on the road may of played a part in him hitting him?

Paul:
Yep its one of Runcorn trailers, I know coz I work there with Dave L.
Our driver was stopped on hard shoulder when TNT took the side out and the cab roof. Now accordin to our driver it was yep youve guessed a POLE drivin the TNT.

Paul

dafdave

Hi paul, looks like your mate had a close shave glad he is ok
By the way hope you are all ok. I was talking to our old mate on this web
last week phil stevenson DAF3600

Regards Bilko

Gazzareth:
Couldn’t get pictures of the trailer - they shifted it out of Atherstone too quickly, front n/s headboard was pretty much gone and the whole thing was split down the nearside. According to the TM the only damage to the subbies unit was mirrors, from what I heard Paul’s version of events was correct.

That figures, given the damage. I’d say that the front nearside corner of the TNT trailer hit the rear offside corner of the one above, and that the floor of the TNT trailer was above that of the other one, so that it hit the barn door just above where the hinge pole enters the floor, ripping the door off; this is why there seems to be relatively little damage to the rear and floor of the trailer. The roof was crushed in by the TNT trailer.

The TNT trailer has shown back up again, managed to grab a quick picture before I got a nice early finish …

G