Accident at Boroughbridge, A1

Passed the acident this morning, long after it had happened, and wondered if the driver was OK as it looked very unpleasnt. Accidents don’t usually bother me but this gave me the creeps for some reason.

My girlfriend, Suzie, passed it in the early hours and I passed this morning going South and tonight on the way home. The trucks still there.
It looks truley horrendous for an accident with the cab lodged under the bridge, the trailer roof torn off and the whole lot on its side but I haven’t been able to find out anything about it!

Anybody work for NFT could let us know how the driver is?

I saw this too. I was coming south at about 6am ish, and saw a Scania topline on the top of the junction, and it was parked as if it was going to come down the sliproad the wrong way. That is what got my attention. As I passed I looked back at it and saw an NFT trailer lodged under the bridge. It looked truly nasty and it looked like he had come off the sliproad becasue he was lying on the drivers side lodged under the bridge.

I felt quite emotional about it becasue I didn’t even see the cab so just assumed it dis-intergrated. The roof was torn off, peeled back like a can of sardines. Knight, I know what you mean about the creeps, this was a really horrific aftermath.

Exactly one week previously there was an artic gone up the back of another on the southbound side under exactly the same bridge. J48, A1M. That looked quite bad too. The drivers door was open and the steering wheel looked really far back, it brings it home to you.

I’m trying to work out how the NFT incident happened. It looks like he came off the sliproad, and I can’t work out what the Scania was doing parked at a weird angle at the top of the sliproad, as if it were about to come down it the wrong way.

Ezydriver, the NFT truck didn’t come off the sliproad. There’s tracks from the main carriageway, up the embankment untill the truck topples over ! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
My best guess is that the driver fell asleep with the cruise on and didn’t even slow down!

Hope the driver was OK I passed about 0500 going North it did not look good Hope he /she will be at home for christmas

keelman:
Ezydriver, the NFT truck didn’t come off the sliproad. There’s tracks from the main carriageway, up the embankment untill the truck topples over ! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
My best guess is that the driver fell asleep with the cruise on and didn’t even slow down!

Ok. The angle he landed at was a strange one though considering he came off the carriageway and not the sliproad. You’d expect him to land on the passenger side. I just hope the driver is ok. I felt really quite shocked at this one.

I still haven’t been able to find out anything about this inncident!
The girls at Rainton Services or Morrison at Boroughbridge haven’t heard anything definate but fear the worst, as we do. It’s realy been bugging Suzie. As has been said, it’s one of those that gives you the creeps and makes you think but theres nothing on the news, police or highways agency websites!
I’m almost tempted to ring NFT and ask about it!
It seems realy strange that theres been nothing said about such a weird accident and why has it taken so long to shift the truck? Wheres the driver and how is he/she? Has it damaged the bridge (no, its still being used but you’d think so!). Just HOW did the truck get into such a position?
Someone must know but it aint me!

Dont know how it got there but the driver walked away with cuts

The Biker:
Dont know how it got there but the driver walked away with cuts

How do you know that? Was it on the news or the local rag or something?
I’m just curious to know.

You and me both Mr Ezydriver! :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Bloody lucky driver if he did just walk away from such a wreck! :open_mouth: :smiley: :open_mouth: :smiley:

The fact it isn’t being reported in any of the local media is a good sign. Accidents usually only get media coverage when they result in death or serious injury so it looks like this was just an accident and there were no causalities.

Talk to a mate on Friday night and he heard it from a driver in their yard in Ripon

Thanks for the info Biker, it’s put Suzies mind at rest a bit!

Great North Road through Newcastle about 2130 19th Nov

North bound car hits dog 21yr old girl passenger gets out to help injured dog south bound car hits her and she is killed

A compassionate young lady not thinking of herself

Hi Folks,
I’m a firefighter for north yorks and when i’m back at work i’ll find out some info for you.
Cheers.