Horrific M6 Crash today

How no one was killed just proves there may well be a Saint trucker! Just seen the footage on Midlands today. Hope all involved get on the mend asap, and that all you guys were not inconvenienced too much ( fortunately Im on a weeks holiday at the moment). According to the beeb Rubber neckers were videoing the scene from the other carriageway. The policeman at the scene said “… its an offence - and downright dangerous…” Well my question is this, why havent you got their numbers? If there is a fight in town then the police video the actions and prosecute from this. Surely the same could be done on a motorway?

saw the trucks being towed away. One unit was just the bottom half, at first i thought it was some kind of short skelly, then noticed the fifth wheel! Bartrums merc looked in a bit of a state too. glad no one was kiled, it is a bloody miracle!

I saw the crash on the m6 if the driver of that merc got out of it ok he will be lucky. I see a 7.5 ton truck being towed away i think it was a foreign plates. The one thing that i did see was one of the truck’s that got let threw was going to fast and he nealy crashed in to back of a truck that was slowing down i dont know what he was doing but after see that crash he should have being taking is time :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently 2 drivers taken to hospital 1 seriously injured and I think he was from Norfolk.

Spent all day at scene. 4 trucks involved, one foreign plate rigid, 2 artics and one bobtail unit. One driver has serious and life threatening injuries, another has back injuries and 2 walking wounded.

Major damage to the barrier which was partly why it was shut so long, recovery also had a difficult task. The unit that was just the chassis was the worst damaged cab i have ever seen where the driver didnt get killed immediately. When they split the trucks the cab pretty much fell off, then the gearbox fell out. To top it off lane one was covered in oil and diesel which couldnt be cleaned up, we tried!! That will be resurfaced overnight along with a section of lane two and a section of hard shoulder.

The inspector on the news wasnt happy about the rubberneckers at all. Me and one of my crews spent a long time on the Northbound trying to get the morons moving and abusing any phone users. Good idea about videoing it. Might suggest parking a video equipped car to see if it can pick anything up next time. Saves us trying to get through to some numbnuts that they are the friggin delay.

Good luck to the injured driver, hope he gets well soon.

Mick

According to the respective transport manager, he believed the drivers injuries to be bad but not life threatening. That was this afternoon acting on news recieved. This may not be 100% accurate, needless to say, he survived the crash. All at 7 squadron wish him well.

MR VAIN:
According to the respective transport manager, he believed the drivers injuries to be bad but not life threatening. That was this afternoon acting on news recieved. This may not be 100% accurate, needless to say, he survived the crash. All at 7 squadron wish him well.

I left after reopening the motorway at 1300 so your info may be more up to date than mine.

Mick

oscardog:

MR VAIN:

I left after reopening the motorway at 1300 so your info may be more up to date than mine.

Mick

Can’t be 100% Mick, but they should be in the know. At the end of the day, he made it out, thats a good start. If I hear anymore I will update.Rob.

Just had a look on the web and can’t find any footage but it sounds like a real bad accident and doesn’t help the image of truckers out there. Just hope they all recover.

oscardog:
The inspector on the news wasnt happy about the rubberneckers at all. Me and one of my crews spent a long time on the Northbound trying to get the morons moving and abusing any phone users. Good idea about videoing it. Might suggest parking a video equipped car to see if it can pick anything up next time. Saves us trying to get through to some numbnuts that they are the friggin delay.

That has been mentioned up here, unfortunatly those upstairs didnt seem to think it would be worthwile, they should get out of the office a little more.

Adam_Mc:
Just had a look on the web and can’t find any footage but it sounds like a real bad accident and doesn’t help the image of truckers out there. Just hope they all recover.

There you go armchair rubbernecker

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-co … e-12743232

I’m amazed the Barturms driver made it out of that cab alive, I saw it on the low loader and there wasn’t much left of it at all, it did send a shiver up my spine. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to him.

Went past this yesterday at about 7am. Took me 45 minutes to get from J1 slip road to the crash about 1 mile away. Nice going rubber neckers.

Worst crash I’ve ever seen. That picture doesn’t tell the whole story as it was still wrapped round a Culina truck which was stuffed into the barrier when I went past. I can’t imagine how he got out alive, extremely luck man.

I did see some artics turn round and drive back up the motorway the wrong way. At first I thought this was organised by the police as my father has done this in the past but he said another driver at his work was there for 5 hours and the police never turned anyone around that he saw and he was only a few hundred yards from the back when I saw him.

That’s some risk sitting on the limiter on the wrong side of the motorway hoping nothing comes the other way :astonished:

Even worse was the foreign trucker who went to sleep and didn’t wake up until everyone was screaming past him :smiling_imp:

Terry T:
Nice going rubber neckers.

Terry T:
That picture doesn’t tell the whole story as it was still wrapped round a Culina truck which was stuffed into the barrier when I went past.

Terry T:
Worst crash I’ve ever seen.

Pot, Kettle :unamused:

There’s a difference between having a quick glance as you go past and purposely slowing down just to have a look. The truck in front of me was going about 15mph as we went past. What you suggest we do, steam past him at 60 on the hard shoulder just to keep the traffic moving ?

Asked today, only update they had was that he’s still hanging in there. Broken legs, pelvis, liver damage. Lucky to be alive.