Accident above A500?

Coming back from Burton on Trent in my car today, at 13.00 got into a queue coming down the A50 past the Britannia stadium to the Sideway roundabout.
Diverted into the l/h lane to go on A500 s/b and saw blue lights and what appeared to be a truck on its side on the roundabout above the A500.

At least one a month goes over,come tanking up the slip road offf the A500 racing foot to the floor before the lights turn to red them as soon as they hit the bend it’s lie down time.
Last 2 to go over before this 32st August & 14th August looking on the net so that’s 3 in less than a month in exactly the same place.

I’m not sure anything has happened there today, I came down the same way just after 2pm cutting down through Fenton and saw no standing traffic anywhere, and my road usually becomes the short cut to avoid problems on the A500/A50 and that’s been okay since I got home.

I think the last one that went over there was that container loaded with wood the other week, apparently it dropped right next to an armed response car that was waiting at the lights on the westbound A50. The last I heard the driver of that one was still in an induced coma.

I use it often from the A50. On the approach right hand lane is best if you want A500 north but move over to the natural middle lane before the roundabout as the right hand land although correct has a nasty short slip road later on.

The middle lane ends up in a really long slip road signposted A5006 city, don’t panic you can get a good run and merge easily onto the A500 once off the roundabout and past the right hand slip road that forks everyone up.

The roundabout is odd shaped but take her steady stay to the left (after the A500 south buggers have sorted themselves out) then as it straightens out gun it.

I’m usually Max weight when doing this but using previous knowledge of the road layout to maximise my progress.

Next weeks lesson will be how to join the M6 north at J16 from the A500 from stoke no spoilers apart from get in the right hand lane and be aggressive or your gonna be stranded in the middle with a badly exposed blindside.

The week after I’ll get into more advanced ■■■■■■■ techniques.

Dipper_Dave:
I use it often from the A50. On the approach right hand lane is best if you want A500 north but move over to the natural middle lane before the roundabout as the right hand land although correct has a nasty short slip road later on.

The middle lane ends up in a really long slip road signposted A5006 city, don’t panic you can get a good run and merge easily onto the A500 once off the roundabout and past the right hand slip road that forks everyone up.

The roundabout is odd shaped but take her steady stay to the left (after the A500 south buggers have sorted themselves out) then as it straightens out gun it.

I’m usually Max weight when doing this but using previous knowledge of the road layout to maximise my progress.

Next weeks lesson will be how to join the M6 north at J16 from the A500 from stoke no spoilers apart from get in the right hand lane and be aggressive or your gonna be stranded in the middle with a badly exposed blindside.

The layout is shocking with the afore mention short slip road if your in the right hand lane…countless back end shunts happen there,as in accidents not a dogging site Dave. :smiley:
But the wagons go over on the opposite side coming off the A500 heading up the A50 too many drivers hammering it and hit the long sweeping roundabout at speed and it’s bye byes time

xichrisxi:

Dipper_Dave:

The layout is shocking with the afore mention short slip road if your in the right hand lane…countless back end shunts happen there,as in accidents not a dogging site Dave. :smiley:
But the wagons go over on the opposite side coming off the A500 heading up the A50 too many drivers hammering it and hit the long sweeping roundabout at speed and it’s bye byes time

Bang on, it’s more like a ■■■ than a roundabout, see loads going in to deep hitting the ■■■■■■ then having to back off and pull out at the last minute in a ‘withdrawl method’ stylee…

Edit: The wife and I tried the withdrawl method once but I miss timed it badly and ended up banging her with a floppy then pretending id pulled out at the right time a few minutes later.