Short sliproad on a500

when coming from j15 m6 under the incinerater junction on the a500 on a left hand bend the sliproad from above seems pretty short, the traffic barrels down expecting to be let in regardless of whats coming down the 500 ,today another accident, range rover slowed to join and had a van up his backside,the left hand lane is a safer option having half a mile to safely join the 500 before going off towards the city,i pass this sliproad daily and see bumps and shunts every other week.

Agreed. That roundabout’s a pain in the arse too if you’re coming down from the A50, turning right and heading up the A500 to junction 16. I think the road markings need repainting. I’ve seen a few cars in the left lane try and drive under the trailer of an artic the right lane because they haven’t swung out to the left enough. This is another good reason to always use the left lane.

When going n/b on the 500 under that bridge,I always get into the outside lane,and another bad spot is where the A53 slip road joins at Etruria,no length of slip road at all,in fact I stay in the outside lane all the way up to the A34 when it’s busy.

I think there needs to be road signs put up on sliproads like this reminding traffic that they should be GIVING WAY to traffic already on the carriageway. Many drivers don’t seem to think that is what they should be doing, I have been honked at etc. on many occasions for ‘blocking’ people from merging, even though i have other traffic up my arse and down my side.

Theres another one I know of, Southbound M6 for Lancaster (J34). Due to there being an exit right after a bridge the “run off” is non existant, considering youre dropping downhill towards it too, can be a nasty squeeky bum moment

Lethal junction that, it used to be for emergency services only hence why it isnt really up to standard. Trying to get on the northbound carriageway out of Lancaster is horrendous as well, pretty much no slip road at all…thankfully other truckers know the score and tend to move over to lane 2 well in advance.

rob22888:
Lethal junction that, it used to be for emergency services only hence why it isnt really up to standard. Trying to get on the northbound carriageway out of Lancaster is horrendous as well, pretty much no slip road at all…thankfully other truckers know the score and tend to move over to lane 2 well in advance.

Little slip road northbound combined with a hill makes it a little :confused:

Used to join the M6 n/b here several times every weekend, often heavy.
Yes its a tight curve you need to take steady and then up hill, but being mindful of that, they did then provide a long acceleration lane - which many slip roads don’t have at all.

goo.gl/maps/KGFF

The trick is to deal with it in 3 separate stages:

1. Negotiate the curve
  2. Accelerate
  3. Join the motorway.

Was expecting J34 to come up on this eventually, it is a bit of a buggar, heading Northbound can be tricky to join the M-Way as well

rob22888:
I think there needs to be road signs put up on sliproads like this reminding traffic that they should be GIVING WAY to traffic already on the carriageway.

There already is,

maps.google.com/maps?q=Stoke-on- … 12.35&z=12

That slip road is lethal,i pass it daily coming from jct 15 but i come off the a500 just after the slip road,so as i approch it i sit in the inside lane with my left hand indicator on and my hand over the horn!,i wont move over for ANYONE there as there isn’t enough forward room to get back over in time to come off at the City road turn off…had a few near misse’s there where cars seem to assume you will move out of their way and then they run out of road and try and come over whether you are there or not!