Absolutely shocking!

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-n … d-33407779

People on bikes , the 4th emergency service

That should promote the popularity of cyclists to other motorists! :cry:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see an increase in cyclist accidents, as well as a rise in road rage incidents against them. I’m not against crimes being punished when they are clearly committed, but I’m not certain it’s a good idea for the police to use social media evidence ALONE to pursue a conviction, as it’s likely to encourage Do-Gooders and Vigilantes to put themselves at risk, and in the sights of offenders and hot heads. I can only see this path ending badly… :frowning:

Not really what with what drivers do in this day and age though is it would you say?

lets just wait and see who becomes the first person to be killed over video someone doing something wrong, road rage is bad enough as people have been killed with outbursts of it, so it seems only a matter of time until some do gooder films the wrong type of driver and end up paying with there life for it. i know it would get my back up and i would want to punch there lights out if they dared filmed me ■■■■■■■■■■■■ while driving or picking my nose with undue care or attention

Could someone translate that last post for me please?

edit … make that the one before last

And how did this guy get caught? Traced through his number plate. Ive seen countless cyclists texting,phoning,not using any hands,running red lights etc etc etc yet nothing can be done since there is no way of finding the cyclist.
While im not exactly upset at this Discovery driver getting his collar felt,it gets my goat that while cyclists appear to be getting encouraged to film and report,they continue to resist calls to be traced and brought to book themselves by refusing to get on board with number plates for cycles and ignoring the misdemeaners by other cyclists.
They are more and more determined to catch every driver error without getting their own house in order first

I think I can safely say that the car driver was a ■■■■ of the highest magnitude and it was only a question of when rather than if he injured someone. However, and it’s a big however, I really think that catching and punishing errant motorists should be the job of the police and the police alone.

We could spend hours debating police underfunding and lack of prescence but the bottom line is that dash cam vigilantism is surely going to end badly sooner rather than later.

If I’ve got a toothache I go to a dentist to fix it, the same way I’d see a Doctor for any illness I’m suffering. What I would not do is grab a passing cyclist wearing a go pro and expect him to remove my appendix, which is basically the tacit agreement we are seeing here between a police force who have abandoned the streets (for whatever reason) and wannabe policemen on bicycles.

Guy in car is been stupid but it’s not up to the Lycra clad mushroom headed ■■■ to film it.

Maybe we should start contacting plod everytime our dash camera records prick cyclists going through a red?

Or are we not that sad. Maybe its the ■■■■ who got bullied at school that like to play cyclist policeman.