Abnormal load 06/06/17 Derbyshire

derbyshire.police.uk/News-an … onvoy.aspx

Tomorrow evening, our roads policing unit will be shutting part of the A38 in South Derbyshire while we ■■■■■■ an abnormal load to Burton.
The load - which is a number of huge brewery drums destined for Molson Coors - was originally due to travel last Thursday.
It was shelved due to an unforeseen delay in another county, but is back on for tomorrow evening.
The delivery will head along the A50 from Doveridge, then on the A516 towards the A38.
When it gets there, we will be closing the northbound carriageway because the convoy will be travelling SOUTH along it from Egginton to Clay Mills, due to its size.
We know this will cause a disruption for motorists, but we’re doing it so road users are safe while the convoy passes.
So if you’re planning to travel in that area between 6.30pm and 8pm on Tuesday, June 6 - or you know someone who is - then please bear with us.
We often work with haulage firms to help ■■■■■■ them safely through areas where they might need our help. We do this in the daylight hours because it means we have the best possible visibility, to make sure the abnormal loads can pass safely.

what weight are they ■■
why not sub contract the job to the army and put them Chinooks to good use ■■

It’s around Stoke atm,wouldn’t surprise me if it’s called off for today/tommorow 60mph winds given out later

Saw these parked in the monkey forest lay by last night. Massive things, 3 of them I think there was. No one else stood,much of a chance parking in that lay by last night

Trukkertone:
what weight are they ■■

Chinooks can only carry about 10 ton.

I think they might struggle with these. :smiley:

Nah…weve had bigger than that in here drive…

Trukkertone:
what weight are they ■■

Because the Army don’t have any Chinooks, and as has already been said, don’t think thy could manage them.

I saw something similar on the M69 on Tuesday parked up on there own without no unit looks like they dropped the trailer and went somewhere to park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No straps , tut,tut