Kuehne + Nagel - Anybody have fun carrying stuff for them?

Started at 0330 yesterday Morning, to take a load from Bicester to Preston. Managed to get offloaded in Preston and out the gate by 1000. :smiley:

Was supposed to grab a “quick” back load from Royal Brewery in Mancester and take it to Thatcham. Managed to go to the wrong K+N place as nobody gave me the address and they have two in trafford park sort of area, but got to the right one in the end. :laughing: That’ll teach me for googling my own addresses.

1145 at Royal Brewery, they couldn’t manage to load me and get me away the same day! As the hours tick by i’m adjusting my plans, originally would have able to make it most of the way home to the yard, then as shift limit rather than driving hours becomes the concern, I plan to head for Lincoln Farm as this is supposed to be secure. Then I am forced to adjust that to Wolverhampton NT truckstop on the M54 (picking random secure places from that “trucker’s guide” from Haynes).

1700 arrives and paperwork still hasn’t been ‘sent through’ although the trailer has finally been loaded. I decide that at rush hour i’m barely going to make it anywhere with maybe the hour I might have, so I ask them if I can leave the trailer inside (I don’t want to be anywhere except inside a big fence with loads like this) and I pull the unit outside and park up on the road for the night. 1720 end the day.

Really bad nights sleep due to some of Moss Side’s finest gobbing off through the night (never been to Manchester before, charming place isn’t it :wink: ) so I oversleep and get moving again at 0515.

Due to the trailer being overloaded when going over the weighbridge to leave, I have to try and get a couple of the pallets taken off, for some reason this ‘process’ takes over an hour, and when I finally pull out with the weights in check it’s nearly half six. The digital tacho has also stolen half an hour driving from me, even though I was probably at the wheel driving round their compound for no more than ten minutes, been noticing this problem a lot with the digi’s since I started the design is terrible. I get to Thatcham with barely minutes to spare on going over the four and a half, and then proceed to sit from about 1045 until I finally get the stuff off and pull out at 1500.

Mostly a ramble, but just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences at these brewery places? (I’ve no idea who actually owns and runs them, but the K+N sign is plastered everywhere). There seems to be far too much bureaucracy and health and safety nonsense, and nothing that actually makes it efficient. I can’t see how they make it work, it would drive me nuts if I had to do it all the time.

Having a truck ■■■■■■■ for over 24 hours for a single delivery, really seems to be taking the biscuit slightly.

Brewery■■? that explains it the planners and forkies are all ■■■■■■ :laughing:

Kune & nagel are ok. Massive logistics company like DHL, into alsorts, swiss owned do the drink + waitrose & M & S in this country. own ships & yards in 40 odd countrys. sounds like u had bad experience as good to work for…

pavaroti:
‘…Massive logistics company like DHL … waitrose & M & S in this country…’

They do some Sainsbury stuff too, though I thought Gist did M&S?

Anyway, for Kuehne + Nagel maybe read ‘Kuehne & Pole’. (…that’s me not going to Heaven then).

Any that want to/need to run there trucks at 52mph have a big problem at making a few dollars, or was that the other cowboys, Hays logistics, lol.
numpties havn’t a clue.

m&s furniture spent 3 months with agency delivering furniture to m&s shops. bit of a nightmare cos had to unpack and set up the furniture in shop, nightshift… got the hrs in tho…

the brewery will be scottish and newcastle. K&N trunk stuff to manchester from the brewery at the M8 j4 industrial estate every night

they wanted my keys at trafford park, so i don’t go there anymore.

You want to try working for them its even more fun!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:
‘…they wanted my keys at trafford park…’

An indication that a place doesn’t trust the driver? :wink:

gazooks:
You want to try working for them its even more fun!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Whilst their 21st century monolith DC’s convey the empty platitudes of ‘caring’ and careworn lip-service is paid to welfare, they otherwise seem as industrially distant and soul-less as any contracted ■■■■■ can be expected. Former Easties & African’s seem to love 'em, though not many appear to be having too much fun as suggested: Maybe you’re special? :smiley: