Abnormal load fans, get your cameras out

We have been informed of a 275 tonne load being moved this weekend from Liverpool to Stafford
Full details of the route HERE

Keep those cameras out…
another one :open_mouth:
a 20 foot wide load from Stockport to Brough near Hull on Sunday
Click here for details

I think the 1st load thats going to stafford is going to areva/alstrom they have massive loads like this all the time there and there is a company on the old airfield at hixon that shifts them all called A.L.E, everytime i go there im like a kid in toffee shop they have some awesome kit :sunglasses:

simon

I’ve been told that the ALE load is leaving Liverpool at 6am, but I do know that they’ve been known to leave earlier.

I’ve been around ALE’s yard a couple of times. It is full of old Wynns/Econo bits and pieces. You never know what you’ll find. I saw the Alstom Unipower repainted into ALE colours and an ex Baldwins Gottwald crane last time I went.

Here are a couple of pics I’ve taken of ALE (and the Alstom Fauns that they now own) .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

TimImage hosted by Photobucket.com
[/url]

When I find out how to get my black&white photos on here from the 60’s about real HH I’ll post’'em :laughing:

Question: what does ‘STGO’ mean? Obviously some sort of categorisation got abnormal loads.

Do you need a special licence to drive this kind of thing or is it just a C+E?

dennisw1:
Question: what does ‘STGO’ mean? Obviously some sort of categorisation got abnormal loads.

try this THREAD

Eeeeeeehhhh when i were a lad these were proper wagons :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Chaverdad,
When I started at Kearsley depot half the trailers ran on solids and all Heavy Haulage freaks knew who ran out of ‘Kearsley’. :slight_smile:

Rikki-UK:
Keep those cameras out…
another one :open_mouth:
a 20 foot wide load from Stockport to Brough near Hull on Sunday
Click here for details

if anyone knows / finds out who’s moving this please post it, i’m intrigued to see who can get a VR.1 all that way without taking it to ellesmere and sailing it around! :angry: :unamused:

dennisw1:
Do you need a special licence to drive this kind of thing or is it just a C+E?

Just C+E

Eeeeeeehhhh when i were a lad these were proper wagons

but has it got somewhere i can plug me sat nav in ?

I caught the waggons on J16 M6 this afternoon.

Tim

Great pics Jazzdrummer. The Nimrod wings and fuselage going to BAE at Brough is requiring the removal of a couple of traffic islands to get it through.

Good Pics :smiley:

So what are those two units then? Rear one looks like either an Old Scammel or a Faun, whats the lead one?

What do they keep in those boxes on the backs of the units then? Weights to stop the load pushing the unit maybe? :question:

I think it is a Unipower or MAN at the front

And they are ballast boxes on the back I believe thay carry weight in them to keep traction on the back wheels for pulling power, :smiley:

Might be wrong though

Taskman:
When I find out how to get my black&white photos on here from the 60’s about real HH I’ll post’'em :laughing:

You need to get them scanned and saved in something like a JPG format to keep the size down and then get them hosted on a website like
http://www.photobucket.com/ or if you get them scanned and want help with a site to host them PM me. Be good to see them :smiley:

jazzdrummer Nice pics :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

simon

Discopete:
I think it is a Unipower or MAN at the front

And they are ballast boxes on the back I believe thay carry weight in them to keep traction on the back wheels for pulling power, :smiley:

Might be wrong though

Could be another Faun, the German Army use a forward control Faun Tank Transporter that’s not too disimilar.