And Again.....

Traffic chaos hit the M1 on Tuesday morning following an incident between two lorries.

It happened on the southbound carriageway between junction 23, Loughborough, and junction 22, Coalville and the road was closed shortly before 6am.

East Midlands Ambulance Service confirmed there was one casualty, but they were stable and had been transferred to the trauma unit at Queen’s Medical Centre.

The Highways Agency has advised drivers to follow the hollow circle diversion route from junction 23 along the A512, B591 and A511 and to rejoin the M1 at junction 22.

Read more: nottinghampost.com/Stretch-M … z2yx1vAaFA

A driver came into Sainsburys, Swan Valley & said that he’d been
Stuck behind it for an hour & a half (from about half past 5 this morning) apparently an M&S wagon had run into the back of a Stobbarts & the M&S Cab was in a mess.
Just hope all concerned are ok.

According to the local radio, the truck which was rear ended was carrying 44 TONS of wood :open_mouth:

44 tons of wood plus an 8 ton tractor unit then 14 tons for the trailer.The media are ignorant of road haulage.A 66 ton lorry.

Stanley Mitchell:
According to the local radio, the truck which was rear ended was carrying 44 TONS of wood :open_mouth:

That’s probably the commonest journalistic error when describing an incident involving a truck, even the BBC get that wrong now and again.

toby1234abc:
44 tons of wood plus an 8 ton tractor unit then 14 tons for the trailer.The media are ignorant of road haulage.A 66 ton lorry.

Most "civvis" think 44 tons is the payload, thats why so many hire vans get overloaded :wink:

Stanley Mitchell:

toby1234abc:

Most "civvis" think 44 tons is the payload, thats why so many hire vans get overloaded :wink:

Some hauliers hav the same mentality

And i`ve never heard of M & S carrying Wood…especially 44 tonnes of it…ha ha

truckyboy:

The Stobbarts had the Timber on board. :unamused:

truckyboy:

Do you not know what REAR ENDED means :unamused:

martinviking:

truckyboy:

The Stobbarts had the Timber on board. :unamused:

And a plank in the cab . . sorry couldn"t resist it.

martinviking:
A driver came into Sainsburys, Swan Valley & said that he’d been
Stuck behind it for an hour & a half (from about half past 5 this morning) apparently an M&S wagon had run into the back of a Stobbarts & the M&S Cab was in a mess.
Just hope all concerned are ok.

Thats 2 stobarts in 2 days then, one went into the back of a caravan yesterday on the A17 between Newark and Sleaford apparently.

Didn’t think M&S went fast enough to rear end another wagon :open_mouth:

Seriously though I hope both drivers are OK

It wan’t any old rear end, it was a m&s finest rear end!

chicane:
Didn’t think M&S went fast enough to rear end another wagon :open_mouth:

Seriously though I hope both drivers are OK

Passed the scene as I headed northbound and it was on one of the steep uphill bits so if the stobarts wagon was fully freighted it would have been well down on speed at that point. Was hit hard enough to take the rear doors off…