A66 Video

A little trip along the A66 on one of the few days recently it hasn’t been closed to us high siders.

Scotch Corner to Aspatria.

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b-qEZrhqkxE

You could of taken your swimming trunks with you :slight_smile:

:open_mouth:

Have the truck speed limits changed for single carriageway roads then?

Nice video Chunky mate, A66 hasn’t changed much then… :slight_smile:

Rob K:
:shock:

No. So what speed was I doing on the single sections?

Chunky:

Rob K:
:shock:

No. So what speed was I doing on the single sections?

Measuring the time to white line spacing ratio you’re doing at least 50. Quite possibly on the limiter in some parts, assuming you haven’t speeded up the video from the bit where you’re overtaking the transporters. :open_mouth: :smiley:

Rob K:
Measuring the time to white line spacing ratio you’re doing at least 50. Quite possibly on the limiter in some parts, assuming you haven’t speeded up the video from the bit where you’re overtaking the transporters. :open_mouth: :smiley:

When I passed the transporters I was doing 50 (they were crawling on that uphill section) and yes, it is dual there.

At no point was I on the limiter - notice that there is nothing in front of me on the stretches before Warcop and Keswick, I even let the Tesco (Tesco = speed limit - 5 mph :angry: )truck in front of me pull away.

I must be sad defending myself at 1:40 on a Sunday morning against Mr Whiter Than White :wink:

Great video…but like Rob said i also thought it was either sped up a little or u were going pretty quick…looks more than 40…but still good mate :wink:

Al

Chunky:

Rob K:

When I passed the transporters I was doing 50 (they were crawling on that uphill section) and yes, it is dual there.

At no point was I on the limiter - notice that there is nothing in front of me on the stretches before Warcop and Keswick, I even let the Tesco (Tesco = speed limit - 5 mph :angry: )truck in front of me pull away.

I must be sad defending myself at 1:40 on a Sunday morning against Mr Whiter Than White :wink:

Where, exactly, have I said I disapprove? :wink:

Nice one Chunky, enjoyed that.

As for the speed thing, I think videos shot from a cab give a false indication of the speed. I know I look at some of mine and think it looks a lot faster than I know I was doing at the time. I think it could be because we are used to the view from the seat where we have parts of the cab as a reference against the stuff you are passing. The fact you can see none of the cab I feel gives this false impression of excess speed. If you could even see just a part of the windscreen surround it would change the conception of the speed, I know it does on shots I have where the camera was further back in the cab allowing you to see the edges of the screen or the dash.

Nice use of available road space on the bends near the lake and the speed looked fine to me - it was certainly a safe use of speed - I was watching the ‘limit’ or ‘vision’ points on the bends etc :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I judge the speed from the moving of the road surface going ‘under the vehicle’ - this is what I do when training - I do not usually have to look at the speedo to see what the speed is.

Coffeeholic:
Nice one Chunky, enjoyed that.

As for the speed thing, I think videos shot from a cab give a false indication of the speed. I know I look at some of mine and think it looks a lot faster than I know I was doing at the time. I think it could be because we are used to the view from the seat where we have parts of the cab as a reference against the stuff you are passing. The fact you can see none of the cab I feel gives this false impression of excess speed. If you could even see just a part of the windscreen surround it would change the conception of the speed, I know it does on shots I have where the camera was further back in the cab allowing you to see the edges of the screen or the dash.

Exactly, try doing the same journey in a go kart. You would feel like Lewis Hamilton innit :stuck_out_tongue:

I bet there are not too many drivers on here that stick religiously to the 40 limit. There is nothing worse on a Friday afternoon getting stuck behind a supermarket ‘pace truck’ on the A69.

glad to see the VAN driver went thru the lake abit quick,theres always one.

bowserman:
‘pace truck’

:laughing: :laughing:

Great vidoe M8 .

I know every white line and cats eye on that stretch both day and night done it hundreds of times for my sins :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Once again great video lets have some more :laughing: :laughing:

Excellent Video’s :smiley: